Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » Please help!!!

  • Teddy
    Teddy wrote:
    i work at a school and live in the apartment they provided, my contract ends February 28th, the manager told me that he will not have classes in february and i have to leave the house today and he will not pay me any salary because the contract is in english and he can not read the contract, i only have RMB 50 in my pocket and he owes me RMB31,400

    can anybody help me?
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    First of all, the employment contract is valid, my dear, given that one party to the contract is a foreign national, the contract was signed in English with the implied consent of both parties.

    Let your boss know that you may lodge a complaint against him any time to the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security (MOHRSS) or the State Bureau of Taxation for his ruthless way of running business. If he asked you to go to hell, then:

    Please contact the Consulate Service of your local embassy (that depends on your nationality, if you are a British or American, good for you, otherwise you may be in bad luck), initiate a foreign-related arbitration of employment disputes.

    The respondent of arbitration bears the burden of proof under this case. If the arbitration didn't work (very unlikely), you may go to the local intermediary Court. You need a lawyer now but that will cost a lot of money in advance. 
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
    He can make you laugh,.....hahahaha
  • Simen Wangberg
    The sun rises in the east, English teachers get stiffed, tides go out. Like sands through the hourglass, so are the daze of our lives.

    Sorry man, you're probably fucked. Try to pick a school that's been recommended by other teachers next time.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.