- Gullekian wrote:For those of you who have been living in Beijing long enough, do you think Beijing life standards have been better since the past few years??
- Yanni wrote:not really, pollution is getting worse and worse...
- But now people have more money and you can find more and more foreign stuff in Beijing..
By the way, today was a wonderful day... look at the days that we have no pollution.. :-)
- oh, i just love your thread, very positive attitude, i am fed up with the complaining foreigners who take their insecurities out on this country, meanwhile he/she is fucked up himself to move out, i heard that Chinese workers' salary is raising, so the foreign company will probably find other countries to open their factories, so the air will go better :D enjoy breathing!!!
- perhaps... some companies already have moved to Vietnam because of cheap labor... but that is not all... with 1.6 billion people breathing cooking.. smoking etc.. besides so many cars as well as government's private companies burning charcoal... and etc etc.. it will not help at all the pollution..
They should start at least to use natural gas or electricity to give hot water but they won't... because it cost a lot..
- well complaining for the amelioration of public services is ok, but complaining just for the heckk of complaining is something else..
- that's the art of talking i think, always contradict...no matter against to what, even things you proposed yourself, so Vietnam is going to be ruined very soon as well, Chinese men bought all their women back as wives, a polluted place with poor bachelors slave workers? sounds even worse......
- unfortunately the word has both pessimists and optimists... I guess that's how it balances itself.. I don't know about the pollution in Vietnam, I haven't been there....
better than europe.............
- BLACK DYNAMITE wrote:For those of you who have been living in Beijing long enough, do you think Beijing life standards have been better since the past few years??
Better for who? It's a vague question. Are you asking in "general?" And what are "life standards?" So far all that has been brought up is the pollution and that topic has been beaten to death.
- I mean living standards in general... a few years ago we couldn't find many foreign stuff in the market, today almost every supermarket has imported goods... or a few years ago we had to wait on line at the bank to make a payment or make a transfer... today we can do it on line.. things like that... did our living standards became better that what it used to be a few years ago??
- William wrote:Well it's always a win whenever I find some niche product that you thought was only available overseas.
The other day I found vanilla coke. Thought that was pretty cool.
It's small things like that which put a smile on your face despite the looming external concerns that we have discussed.
- Vanilla coke?? never tried it... maybe I should get some..
- William wrote:Haha it's a bit sweet for my liking. When I was a child, it was popular in Australia for a while.
- when I was in Cuba, I had rum and coke... I guess it tastes better than vanilla coke...