- Peter S 李贝勒 wrote:i d like to know, what Coltrane, Miles, or Pasto may think about this quote...
- Or Charlie Parker. Or Etta James. Or, you know, pretty much any significantly influential musician from the last century or so.
Can't miss an opportunity to quote my boy Bill Hicks, either:
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes and all your CDs. Because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few songs."
- Extended sobriety does for OP's mental acuity exactly what it did for George W. Bush.
- Hey SOCKS. How do you upload music to douban? You need a special band account or something?
- My face when... I read a post from Joe Pious.
- "How do you upload music to douban? You need a special band account or something?"
Yeah, you just hop on Douban and create a band account. I didn't actually make the account for my own band, I think our drummer did it. It ain't hard though.
Although if you're just looking for a China-accessible website for uploading/sharing music, Soundcloud fits the bill too.
That Beijing cabbie thing is cracking me up right now
- > It ain't hard
> I think our drummer did it.
Figures. I'll give it a go!
I've got a Soundcloud but I figure Douban has more of the "stumble upon" factor.
- Bahahaha nice. Our drummer's Chinese is way way better than mine, so I kinda just let him handle it. He also has way more initiative than me.
As far as folks stumbling upon your Douban, I don't think you really get much random traffic unless you're posting it in different places. There's lots of forums and BBS-type stuff on Douban, so you could probably pick up some listeners by posting in relevant areas. What kinda jams are you doing?
- I do smokey, jazzy numbers with an oriental motif. Not sure if it's your cup of cha.
I had to sit through a couple of Fu Manchu movies to get the samples for that. They are bloody awful!
- I dig it man. I'm not much of a jazz guy anymore, but this jam is pretty dope. Not unlike this sick glitch-hop tune some guy did using samples of Japanese folk music: https://soundcloud.com/danielryanisaname/nagasaki