- Iceman.wangxb wrote:Hi everyone, I got a opportunate to work in a hotel in London, I want to know what's the ordinary salary there in London, so I will know how much I would like to ask. Thanks very much for your help.
- pommie wrote:The London living wage is £7.85 an hour.
So for a 40-hour week that is £1,256 per month.
- Alex ^∞ wrote:What pommie said.
- Sorry to shatter your dreams, but the job offer you got is fake.
Pretty sure you're talking about the blakes hotel, right?
A quick check on their real website would tell you they are NOT hiring as of now, and the email you got is from a @live (hotmail) adress, which is most probably a fake email trying to scam you.
I sent them an email too, got the same offer as you, with some questions about me and stuff, it's a scam.
- Schokoschoko wrote:£1,256 is not much at all!! i guess with that money it'd be hard life in london...
- http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/scamalerts/index.pl?read=2416 You can check it here.
They mostly do that to get some informations from you like adress, name, phone number, etc...
I mean, if you aren't scared you can still email them and try, but it's 99% sure to be a scam, pretty sure that at one point they'll ask you some money or to send your passport.
http://www.blakeshotels.com/careers is their website, check it out.
- Don't forget to keep us posted =)