Discussion » Nonsense » Visa Question....

  • WWJ
    WWJ wrote:
    <p>Hope to get some Visa insight from the foreigners here..especially Americans.</p> <p>I don't think one can get a Z-work visa in China if they have under 2 years work experience and not at least a college degree, right?</p> <p>2 years work experience outside of China I assume? I don't have 2 years work experience as I have just graduated college. I have been accepted for a job (not teaching) in BJ with somewhat small company with little knowledge of hiring a foreigner..though I'm confident in legitimacy of this company because the CEO 's English is almost fluent and has extensive experience working abroad. </p> <p>So anyways, many many people work full-time on full salaries in Beijing on F-business visas, correct?? Well, technically this is illegal, but the government doesnt care much...so I've heard.</p> <p>Can anybody verify this information especially if they have experienced/done this first hand.</p> <p>Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!!</p>
  • Rick (史大龙)

    I know a guy that works here under a F visa, but his salary is paid in the US. I think the problem will be that with a F visa you will have to leave the country for 24 hours every 2 or 3 months. There are some agencies that can get you a F visa with unlimited stay but be careful and they cost about 5000 rmb.

  • Peter S 李贝勒

    I worked almost 2 years with an F visa before having a Z ( a real legal one), and, I went out and back to china severals times, but was ok fo me. In fact, There's no problems. If u have money u can buy all the rights u want here... Then, things and prices change every 6 months. I remember just before the olympic the priced doubled. About the visa agencies u have to ask to foreigners in beijing which is ok... Good luck and take care...

  • №❶ Passioη

    Like skaught mentioned, the 2 year experience letter can be nicely forged. However, age is complimentarily a bigger worry since it appears on your passport... if you've pushed 1st jubilee, ignore this concern.

    There are just a few good visa agents that convert F to Z in a fairly less complicated process. However, if you decide to play ball with an F, be careful about the following facts:

    1. As Jonathan mentioned, regular visa renewal expenses / exit entry expenses (handled by you)

    2. If company withholds * (owes) * || refuses to pay you say ** months salary, you may NOT get the law on your side to fight for it while not holding a Z visa.

    Study the contract terms carefully and insist on some kinda advance payments to keep you on the safe side

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc