Discussion » Health & Fitness » X pat Hospital

  • Del
    Del wrote:
    <p>Could anyone recommend a good Expat / international hospital. It may be an emergency and I may need an operation done on my eyes so I am looking for a hospital you really really trust with a good reputation.</p> <p>Thanks in advance for any advice.</p>
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

    There are many hospitals. I'd suggest u Chaoyang Hospital is good too. I did get an Op there and I was satisfied with the quality of the service. And some doctors can speak foreigh languages well.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)


    Hahahahaha ... Derrick, that sounds very serious ... as far as expat hospitals are concerned, my recom are China-Japan Friendship and Peking Union, both of which are very well known among both locals and expats, but a bit pricey ... good luck ...

  • Joakim Lund Rangel

    Agree with Uncle X. China-Japan Friendship hospital is a good choice

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)


    Hahahahaha ... Jo the CEO ... I am glad you approve ... by the way, no one here knows the initial X, you might want to switch back to D or DD ...

  • Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

    @ Derrick I think you need to see a specialist as soon as you can. If you came to the UK you could be on the waiting for up to six months for an appointment with the NHS. If you opted for private care, (you say you need an operation) you know it is going to cost you big money, you are not going to see much change from £5000 unless you have BUPA or Private Health Care.

    I have a friend who is legally blind! He was driving home one night finding it hard to drive with the night lights and soon after this he began to see floaters. (Droplets of blood going across his eyes) He ignored it and a few weeks later he went for a hospital appointment and was declared legally blind; his car license withdraw immediately. The hospital wanted to admit him in a home for the blind that day, he refused to go as he preferred to stay at home. (The reason is people who lose their sight are a high risk for suicide) This year he had an operation to seal the blood vessels and restore some of his sight. In May he fainted and ended up in hospital with a broken vertebra. and lost most of his sight. My friend has reflected and always asked if he had been treated earlier if he could have saved his sight. There must be eye specialist in China or in Hong Kong who are just as qualified as surgeons in the UK.

    I found some web sites but I don't know anything about these hospitals, hope it helps.





  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)


    Hahahahaha ... Tempora ... meeting a good doctor has more to do with luck than anything, even if you are NOT in China, but of course, particularly if you are in China ... similar to our other chances in lives, such as jobs and relationship etc :)

  • Simen Wangberg

    Call International SOS. I don't have their number, but uh...I dunno, look it up. Pricey, but they will put you in touch with a Western doctor who will set you straight.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)


    (continued) ...

    I am really angry about is I have wasted three weeks seeing Dr's who spent so little time on me and to be honest I have very little faith in

    I know how you feel ... my in-laws have lived in China all their lives, but even they questioned the conducts of, as well as diagnostic and treatment given by, local doctors ... one of them actually has cardiac problem, and when I went home last month (Sydney), they wrote me an email asking me to consult my uncle's friend who happens to be a cardiac surgeon ...

  • Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

    I found this website by accident, and there is a program to help people with sight problems.


  • Ole-Marius

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc