Discussion » Beijing Life » Changing Type of Visa

  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    <p>Hey everyone</p> <p>I'm on way back to Beijing at the end of the month, and was just planning to get the 1 month tourist visa and most likely go back to my Chinese school so swap over to a student visa (did this last year). But just talked to a woman at the embassy here and she said i would have to leave the country to do that... but i didn't last time... does anyone know the rule on this ?&nbsp;</p> <p>Cheers !</p>
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

    well go back to studying chinese, and also find some work

    (i had to go back to Australia for some surgery, but all is good now)

    what's flying in your world godfather?

  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

    so no one has any practical help on this ?

  • Even Nygård
    Even Nygård wrote:

    They have really tightened things up regarding this during the last two years. It's not as easy as it used to be – at least in Beijing.

    I suggest you contact several visa agents in town (look for listings on the Beijinger) to see if they think it is still doable. They are the guys who know whose fingers need greasing. If they say it will be difficult or unusually expensive, then perhaps you should delay your return until the school can FAX you the paperwork needed to obtain an X visa.

    For Z visas, they are now making you fly all the way back to your home country. They will no longer process them at the embassies in Mongolia and Korea or in Hong Kong. If you get here and get stuck this way, it could prove an expensive mistake to fix.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc