Discussion » Beijing Life » How to get a drivers license?

  • Buffalo
    Buffalo wrote:

    Well, I didn't know where to put this, but here it is. I have my own drivers license here in Chile and I'm moving to Beijing in December. Anyone knows where or what i have to do to get a chinese one?

  • Hans Christian Eriksson

    U can go to the traffic police station in the district of chaoyang ( shibali dian)  to change ur driving  license. Be aware, China does not accept international driving license. Just take  ur country driving license, if it is still valid, u can change it into a chinese driving license once u are here

  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

    or you could just use your guangxi and buy one :-)

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)


    Hahahaha ... why would you want to drive in Beijing?

    I went with a friend to a driving school, and if I understand correctly, those schools can book you for all the tests as well as driving practices and finally the license, etc ...

    If you need more details, you could search for their web sites to have a look ... but dont expect the English web site (assuming if there is one) to be comprehensive ...

  • Sebasti
    Sebasti wrote:

    I heard the driver's license of your own country can't be just changed to a local one.. you'd actually need to do some sort of test (which is in Chinese, the same test the locals take) to prove your knowledge of Chinese traffic laws. Continuing on the hear say... to skip the test with your guanxi you'd still need to hand in 5000rmb for the "expenses"

  • Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    By "guanxi" they mean if your second aunt's sister-in-law's best friend happens to be one of the acquaintances of some guy's who's in charge of this shit.
  • Stefan
    Stefan wrote:

    Ionly paid 180 rmb in Zhengzhou, and i was allowed to bring an interpreter ( who actually did the test for me) ^^

  • Stefan
    Stefan wrote:

    oh, that was this year in May

  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    I just wanna say,When u be here in Beijing,U will find out that driving here is the Foollest thing u ever try.
  • Elseyliu
    Elseyliu wrote:

    The foreigner who have a overseas driving license should prepaer the following paper for change it in to chinese:

    Passport with valid visa (Chinese) each staying more than 91days in Beijing / 护照带有效签证每次停留多余91天

    Foreign driving license/外国驾照

    4 pieces of one inch color picture with white background/4张一寸白底彩色照片

    Registration Form of Temporary Residence/临时居住证明ou

    You need a medical inspection

    register in traffic office to make appointment  for  exam

    then take the exam on time, if you can not enter for the exam you should come to the traffic offiice reschedule the date for exam.

    you can get the license after three working days you pass the exam

    The easy way is contact with Beijing Car Solution, they will arrange driver pick you up by car for all the related proceudre till you get your chinese drivign license

    MORE DETAILS PLEASE VISITE: WW.bjcarsolution.com  

    or call 13911013530

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc