After 7 years, I guess I am immune to most of these little things but, some occurrences just take hold and are etched in my pea brain forever.
1. Kids shitting/pissing in the street with the help of their mom/dad.
This is so disgusting and unhealthy.
2. 3 Wheeled bikes with enough recyclables that it reaches 5 meters high
3. The piles of bikes at Wudaokou
4. Watching a man slit the throat of a goat and skin it right here on the street. 1 hour later selling yang rou chuanr.
5. Having some stranger come up to me and hand me a piece of paper saying "can you fix this english for me?"
6. Seeing someone get hit by a car and how many bystanders will just come over to watch the show.
7. Spring sand storms making the sky yellow
8. How many chinese store owners try their best to 1 kuai up us foreigners on just about anything they can.
9. 65 Year foreign men with 20 year old hotties. Thats wrong!
10. The housing price in Beijing
11. The amount of unhappy faces I see on the subway daily
12. Quantity of corrupted people here.
13. People standing in the middle of the road playing with their phones.
14. People who try to cross 2,3,4 ring roads
15. How heavy the competition is here for jobs/schools.
18. BBS- little barber shops aka hookers workshops
19. Amount of racism
20. That when I leave this place on vacation, I cannot wait to come back!!!