Aurélien ... thanks again for the support ... Sheryl probably forgot for a moment that this is, afterall, a web site, not really
a bunch of people all living in Beijing ... or UK or USA etc ...
(1) no one can stop people from adding more photos (no matter how provocative and revealing they might be) once we kick start this beauty contest, but since you mentioned FHM, I dont think you can disagree that, some of the photos on this site (fake or otherwise)
are even "better" than FHM, and let's not name anyone :)
(2) Being a fairly guy, or a middle-aged degenerate who likes to stir up trouble, you can appreciate that my first instinct was biased towards the other gender ... we can of course have a contest for the guys too (just thinking about it make me want to throw
... and I did not say that the girls cannot vote for girls, and I know a few who would love to, but imagine the idea of guys voting for guys ... (ok, I must go to toilet now)
... and I am back
(3) Fashion contest huh? I dont think that would be a fair contest ... I am not a fashion expert or anything, but to me, fashion is not just the clothes, it is about the style and the aroma (spelt wrong?), and it is very subjective ... if it is done by voting,
with most of us being non professional in the fashion world, the result would still remain a popularity contest, and hence no point ... or if it is judged by a few people, not by voting, the fashion sense of these few might also be biased towards people who
can afford nice expensive clothes
(4) Unless I have missed anything, but wouldn't this "member of the week" thing just be a popularity contest, similar to the idea of "beauty contest" anyway? Hope I have not mistaken, but you said:
We have been talking about doing member interviews on our site, like a "Member Of The Week" kinda thing
... that sounds to me, the result (or prelim selection) of this contest will be based on the interviews, which would of course be conducted by a few people! Even if there is voting involved, the selected few might not necessarily be known by the majority
of WLIB world (just a few thousand words about that person is not enough)
(5) I agree that the "beauty contest" is only skin deep, and this idea of "Member of the week" is more in-depth, however, my primary objective is just to have fun, and involve a lot of people on WLIB, and involve minimal work ...
In conclusion, considering many things that can be compared, judged, and voted ... the "face" (and the body of course) would perhaps be the easiest for WLIB to deal with, even if the photos are fake ...
I can go on ... but I need to go to office ... more later!