Discussion » Beijing Life » First Time Visiting Beijing

• BLACK DYNAMITE
    BLACK DYNAMITE wrote:

Hey people,

Next month my sister will visit Beijing for the first time. I'm trying to put together the itinerary at the moment and would like some input.

What places would you suggest a person to see during their first visit to Beijing? The obvious are the big 3: Great Wall, Forbidden City, and Tiananmen Square. Any other worthwhile attractions? Hou Hai and Nanlouguxiang as well.

I'm planning on taking her to eat Beijing duck (of course) and hot pot (Haidi Lao) but I need some suggestions for other GOOD Chinese restaurants.

Thanks in advance!

• 史笑龙
    史笑龙 wrote:

My sisters came out last year. It was a good time.

Anyways, here are my thoughts for restaurants:

Middle 8th (中八楼) for Yunnan food, Food Plus Food (鸿光楼茶餐厅) or Herbal Cafe for Dim Sum; Baoyuan jiaozi (宝源饺子屋) for dumplings, La Popo (辣婆婆) has always been good for Sichuan. Oh, and Karaiya Spice House is supposed to be good for Hunnan.

I don't know if these are the best, but most people I take to them seem to like them.

And when all else fails, u can just check the directory on The Beijinger.

• BLACK DYNAMITE

Thanks! Will put those places on my list.

• Frastrated
    Frastrated wrote:

except the traditonal ones, you may try new interesting place. South Luoguxiang, CBD, and some temples in rural district

• BLACK DYNAMITE

Thanks Frastrated.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.