Discussion » Beijing Life » I need a roommate!

• Judy
    Judy wrote:

I just rent a 2 bed-room apartment.
    It is very nice!
    i will live in the slave room, looking for another person or a couple to live in the master room.
    The master room is very big, maybe you are interesting.

I am a chinese girl. very easy going and cleaning.
    The room is very cleaning too.

The apartment is in Jingsong station Exit B.
    5 Minutes to walk to the subway station. very convinient.
    If you come to see, you would like it.

The community name is Huatentyuan(华腾园)。

You also can contact me, my phone number is 186 1225 9457

My skype is sam19800924.

I havent moved in so far. but you can see it right now. I already payed for it.

The room price is 4000rmb.

Judy

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    Okay. Sorry.
    My english is poor, I just think, Master room, then should call the other room as SLAVE room.
    Anyway, That is not very important.
    The photos are not very good because i took with a bad phone camera in the evening.

The second photo is the Master room, not the smaller room. sorry.

The price is what i am expected, but if someone is sincerely to rent, we can negociate.

The apartment is about 110 sqm.

I am not sure how big is the master room. but it is much bigger than Mine.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

Hahahahaha ... I am more curious how much is the entire apartment if the Master is charged 4000 per month :)
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    "I am more curious how much is the entire apartment if the Master is charged 4000 per month"

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    How impossible the apartment is 3500?
    You can ask the people how much you can rent a 2 br apartment in Huatengyuan.
    Or you just research Huatengyuan in www.ganji.com.
    You will know the price.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... tsk tsk tsk ... bad Pommie ...
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    sure!
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    okay. this is the bathroom, not exactlly toillet.
    But i promise, the toillet is great!

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    the whole room:

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    the photo is not very clear becos i am using my phone.

It is bigger than which looks in photo.
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
    It needs to be decorated like this for "slave and master"

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    I made a mistake.. The apartment is 89mm. Sorry. I just confirmed with the landlord tonight.

The balcony is very nice, But cant see from the photos. too dark in the evening.
    In Summer, you can lay down on the balcony, should be nice, i think.
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    to Bubbles:

It seems you are very familiar to Master and slave? Haha!
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
    Good guess.
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    2 bed room only. less people, easy to get alone.
    and can make friends. talk, and  hang out as friends.
    If some price or higher price a bit, I prefer to choose a 2 bed room.

Copper, if you are still interesting, let me know.
    Since you are so handsome, I can consider to offer you with a lower price. :P
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    Type mistake again.... If the same price or higher price a bit....
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I haven't checked the rent in Beijing for several months, but prospective tenants should probably be aware that they could do better. The likely rent of the entire apartment would not be more than 6500 (I'd doubt it's more than 6,000, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt), and for 4,000rmb/month in a shared apartment you should expect a bigger Master bedroom, private bathroom and better furnishings than the above.

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    @ Copper.  Of course I dont mind. In fact, I dont like live alone, feel lonely and boring. why not have a roommate to talk?  and I also dont mind if you bring some girls to the apartment. I am open mind.

@Danial.  If the room is in a 3br apartment, yes, 4000rmb, you definitely have a private bathroom.
    But in a 2br apartment, it depends. My apartment is nearby the Jingsong station. only 2 station to Guomao.
    In the erea, the price for 2 br is over 6000, unless the apartment is too bad.
    I check a lot of apartments there, this one is not the best. if the best, the price will be  6700~7000rmb.

My apartment is 6500rmb, But i found if from an agent, So, I alreaday paid the agent 6500rmb. Compare my room to the master room, the master room is 3800rmb~4000rmb is reasonable. My room only has a single bed, much smaller. So, I named the price 4000rmb. is it too much?

The price of the rent is different in March and April. these 2 month, poeple likes to change the apartment and the job. this is the market. not my fault. :(

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    Besides, The furniture is not bad as looking in the photos.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

(continued) ... at the end, it is about location location location ...

There are two-br apartments at 4000, but there are also many at six ot seven grands (even higher) per month around JS and SJ area ...

However ... just looking at the type of heater, this place was probably around 2003 or 2004 (I have not checked online about this), so I think 6500 is perhaps over-priced, I would have taken it down to 6 or 5.5 ...
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    @ 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) 
    I tried 6 or 5.5, But couldnt!
    If I choose a worse one, 6K is okay. But, 5.5k is impossible in that community right now.

if you choose the apartment, walk over 15 munites, it is much cheaper. 
    Depends how convenient you want. 
    For this apartment, maybe you think a little bit expensive, But if you are looking for an apartment,
    Considering all conditions, It is ok, I think.

I am tired to find an apartment, So, just took it. 
    For me,
      1, this apt is nearby the subway, convenient to everywhere.
      2, this apt is very convenient to my office
      3, It is big enough for me
     4, It is very clean and comfortable.
     5, the price is reasonable, comparing the market and the location.
    6, only 2 rooms, so, not many peoples. easy...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I am sure you tried, but then ... never mind ...
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    By the way, Now, 20% tax for the second-hand house if a owner wants to sold.
    It also effects the rent market right now. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I was thinking about the same thing, but then, the up/down of property market plays a even bigger part ...

I have read the other day that ... many owners prefer NOT to rent out, i.e. leaving it vacant, if they cannot sell, because the rental income does not justify the cost and the profit ... which to a large extent, would not be affected by the 20% tax ...
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    My current community, Taiyanggong station. last year, 2 br apt, just 5000rmb, Now, also 65oormb.
    And I check the apt there, very bad qality with 6500rmb....

Crazy market at the moment.

Maybe 2 months later, will be better.
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    中介费also is fexible. the landlord pay normally. But the landlord named her apartment 7000rmb per month.
    I wanted her to reduce the price, So, I said, I paid the 中介费。

Any way, The price is not a big problem for me. More or less is okay as soon as the roommate is good.
    after all, we will share some of life...
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    yes, there is a gym like under the building. very covenient. the gym with a swimming pool.

I said Taiyanggong, just wanted to explain, now, everywhere the rent price is higher.
    Fengheyuan is new than Huatengyuan, But it is 7 stations to Guomao.

depends on what you want and need.
    I prefer to live in Taiyanggong if my office is closed.
    For the location, Jingsong and Taiyanggong both okay, i think. not bad.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I am tired to find an apartment, So, just took it. 

It would seem to me (with my admittedly limited viewpoint) that this is the problem. With some persistence and good luck, it is possible to find apartments that are reasonably priced without having to deal with agencies and pay the extortionate fees they ask. 

The problem I think is that you have signed up for an apartment with a slightly higher rent than it should probably be and want to share that burden with a potential roommate. I think that's reasonable, which is why I haven't been critical of you or your advertisement, but I do think that anyone who is looking for an apartment in that area could find better options than what you are offering. 

Also, this deconstruction of your advertisement  is why you should keep advertisements in general out of discussion forums, and certainly one that's full of people with nothing better to do with their time. I think you'll have better luck with posting on thebeijinger.com and http://beijing.craigslist.com.cn/. I've found most of my roommates from those websites, and the housing section of Craigslist has the added bonus of being used predominantly by people coming into China that will probably find your 4,000rmb more reasonable than those who have lived here for longer. 
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    ok.
    Thanks Danial.
    I will try craiglist.
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    if somebody has enough time to find, yes, there is a better option.
    and, in fact, always have a better option... 
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    Thank you, Gullekian!
    :)
    and thanks all above poeple for concerning my Post.
    I feel lucky for having you guys already! :)
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    @ Gullekian 
    They did ask me a invitation... My email address is Happyqiuting@163.com
    Could you send an invitation email for me? Thanks!

• Judy
    Judy wrote:
    why I cant post on Craiglist? :(
    tried 3 times. they said i should receive a confirm email, but i couldnt!
    Can anybody help me to post my AD on there?
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    Thanks  Gullekian!
    I got the invitation, and posted the AD!
    Thanks a lot!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > do not advertise

It is in the ToS when you start a new discussion.

Bring back traditional Chinese landlord lynchings.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    My apartment is 6500rmb, But i found if from an agent, So, I alreaday paid the agent 6500rmb. Compare my room to the master room, the master room is 3800rmb~4000rmb is reasonable. My room only has a single bed, much smaller. So, I named the price 4000rmb. is it too much?

master 3500, slave 3000,both share the agent fee(master 3500,slave 3000),sounds more reasonable.
  • Judy
    Judy wrote:
    master 3500, slave 3000,both share the agent fee(master 3500,slave 3000),sounds more reasonable. 
    if calculate with the agent fee, then, the price is around 3800. same..

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.