Discussion » Nonsense » i feel its like no one takes care of this website.

• J
    J wrote:
    i was registered 3 or 4 years ago, it was very popular at that time. its not popular now. 

and i dont understand why it allows people to close their page to public. this is bad. 

and i guess this website really needs investment to improve and grow. otherwise, it dies.

do you guys agree with me?
  • J
    J wrote:
    i click on many girls page,but it stops me to look more. i feel bad. this is not user friendly. at least show me some basic information. if all pretty girls do that, its like hopeless for guy.

and for your 2nd paragraph, i feel the same. they must change the picture display. the album picture is still there after i delete the picture. and many more bugssssss.
  • J
    J wrote:
    i dont really understand what you said. but maybe its right. 

i just feel there must be problems happening in here. otherwise, the traffice wont drop this fast. it was totally not like today comparing with 2 years ago.

i asked girls out before, from here. but now, the selections are very very limited. no good.

this site's leader should really think again and try to get more money to develop it.

• J
    J wrote:
    oh i forgot one thing.

they have not changed their homepage picture for almost 1 year......
  • Simen Wangberg
    "i click on many girls page,but it stops me to look more. i feel bad. this is not user friendly. at least show me some basic information. if all pretty girls do that, its like hopeless for guy."

You are hopeless for a guy.

Everyone peeks at profiles but only twats complain about profiles being private.

Did it occur to you that maybe they made their profiles private because they kept getting messages from creepy dudes? Just a thought.
  • Christian Jacques, Photography
    Agree that the feeling on this site is that nothing happens ! It used to be many group activities announced such as our group of photographers ACFP was announcing here monthly meetings and activities. But on each event announced, many people ticked the "i will be there" with NOT EVEN 1% of people really showing up at the event !
    Result : we stopped to announce here : waste of time !

• J
    J wrote:
    why people come here?

find girls or guys.

ok... maybe you can give me tons of other reasons. its fine.

you know exactly what you want in your heart.

anyway, this site should make a big change. or the exist is waste.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

Hahahahaha ... yes, this site does seem desserted, but not really not being monitored, my guess is more like the mods are too busy finding a legal way to stay?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... while we might still be on this subject, what happened to the "editor" thread of "female BT"?
  • J
    J wrote:
    can i reply for someone's comment?

now if i wanna reply for 叮当叔叔,i have to tell him or write his name...

it is extremely hard for me, super bad user experience.....

can someone tell me? 
  • J
    J wrote:
    to bateman,

are you talking seriously? 

but why the mod did that? 

and is there any way can get this site back like before? how to save it?

the system is ok, but need to improve. but people in here are really cute and nice.

too many competitors in the market doing the same business? 

and this site lacks of money and good smart people to manage?

• J
    J wrote:
    my english is not good enough to say everything, so please english people say simple english and make this thread easy to understand.thanks.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ,,, I doubt if the mods care much about "user experience" when they have bigger issues to deal with ...
  • Colin Friedman
    There were a couple of other sites that started more or less at the same time and they are also now very quiet.

I think that any have exchanged these sites for Weixin (WeChat).
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I saw one of the mods on weibo, but he does not seem active ... I am guessing here, but I think the mods have left town or changed jobs ...
  • J
    J wrote:
    so he left this site to us and never update anything any more?

foreigners are valuable group, their appearance in website mean the level of the website is higher than other chinese sites in fashion and trend and entertainment life.  

this site did good job before, and did collect many foreign members, and this attracts more chinese to come here and talk with these people in many purpose, like language, making friends, learning new things, and starting a relationship. 

but what happened now? i still think this site has many valuable resources worth to be developed, the mod really needs to re think and re start a new plan for this site.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... you wrote "foreigners are valuable group, their appearance in website mean the level of the website is higher than other chinese sites in fashion and trend and entertainment life." ... I cannot help but laugh ... sorry ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... huh? you dont read much, do you?
  • J
    J wrote:
    hard to say everything in english, its not my mother language.

there are too many sites to choose like we live in beijing.com. 

this site just stopped and not choose to continue to develop more features. 

people can copy ideas but hard to have new ideas. this site can be good if new ideas, new features keep coming. 

guarantee every new idea is doable and effective is impossible, but at least this team should try some thing new. and make this site more user friendly.

for example, click each person, we can talk to each other in real time like weibo.

if the only thing is about lack of money, i dont think so. it also lacks of smart and hard working people in this team.   
  • Mading
    Mading wrote:
    U r right OP this site is dead..mainly cuz of all the fucking hypocrites and all fucking trolls...just abandon ship and move on there r far more better websites than this
  • J
    J wrote:
    @Gullekian,

i hope i can do something for them but they better have a budget 
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > The problem was, the site was popular BECAUSE no one managed the forum much, then they recruited this complete moron to moderate and he basically killed all the fun and everyone left. 

An event in Hinternet History known as ENTER THE PENIS WALRUS.

> Said mod deleted accounts of all the major users/trolls mainly because they PWNed him hard.

I wish my account number ended in identical digits so I could tell you to CHECK 'EM, @DoublesGuy.
  • Christian Jacques, Photography
    Saintro > Group activity with commercial aim ?  >> A group activity must have a budget  ! if no budget = no activity ! ( rooms rental, equipments, etc..) Dont be a dreamer !

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... switch on your TV and watch Wen Jia Bao ... it will be even slower ...

gullekian, you trust the people on this site that much? When I organized dinner or afternoon, I often had to call each of them (phone or SMS or MSN or QQ) to make sure ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) .. by the way, "Add a Friend" seems to work ... maybe the person you added, did not want to be your friend?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    (continued) ... again, I can see the "button", so it is there somewhere ...
  • J
    J wrote:
    I still think EVENT is a good channel, but why people click join but they actually didnt really attend the event?

anyone has some idea to make sure when people choose to join an event from EVENT channel, they will must attend the real event?

if this is like 100 clicks join, but only 1 really attend, it must be a waste.

how can we make sure they all attend?
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    If they don't attend, you telephone their mothers.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    The USA crowd began openly state this was their website

Your friendly neighborhood troll patrol has been quite diligent in policing even the slightest implication that this site is for Americans or even English-speaking foreigners. Because reasons totally unrelated to 炮女.

U MAD 'cuz your ersatz anglophilia gains even less traction than its cross-Atlantic counterpart.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

(continued) ... BT? heehee ...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > This site is  an American ex-pat site.

They're your words now because you cannot into proper punctuation.

You'd have a tough time finding a single thread in which someone told a Chinese user to post in English where I didn't scold the English speaker for rudeness, cultural imperialism, or even just inferior English writing ability. And yes, it's always laowai who are barely literate in English who think that the site should cater to them.

tl;dr, link or 滚.
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    Witch has less idea of what's going on than a blind man at a Peking opera show!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    The archaic Chinese used in Peking Opera is tougher for modern folks to understand than Shakespearean English is for the average American. And that's to say nothing for the sophisticated hand gestures which are crucial for understanding.

It's an oriental mystery, Jaris. You wouldn't understand.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Not everything oriental. Just kung fu treachery.
  • J
    J wrote:
    ok, you guys good in english. i dont understand everything in your sentence, but i feel everyone in here likes to make this site good.

and i hope i can do something for this site and help it to go back to the right path. 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > chinese learn it in shool a lot and they understand it.

Chinese learn Marxism in school a lot. Does the Average Zhou understand dialectic materialism?

Chinese learn maths in school a lot. Can the NBS correctly distinguish between annual averages and year-on-year figures?

Peking Opera confuses the shit out of even my older colleagues.

We used to have a lot of Chinese language threads on WLIB, and they were awesome even for illiterate cultural imperialists like me who just want to learn pithy Chinese sayings to include in their already incomprehensible English rants. Such as 洗洗睡吧, which is the 文明 thing to do when 装屄 native English speakers are talking over everyone else's heads.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @Horseapples,

> of coures they don't understand peking opera.

Ya think?

Of course, that was more articulately expressed in my reply to Jaris that 听懂中文 is not a sufficient condition for understanding Peking Opera. I said "The archaic Chinese used in Peking Opera." Not traditional Chinese characters, not ancient Chinese, not seal script, not fucking oracle bones, not any of the shit you copied off your classmates in school. Go back to Worst Korea.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > implying everyone in China understands Cantonese and knows kung fu

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    This is why we can't have nice things. Fuck it. I'm going America on everybody's ass.

• 随便叫兽
  • 随便叫兽
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    I like the Amerigun santa. "Your present this year is... hegemony!"
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... my fav song: Ding Dang the Witch is Dead ...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    UR DOIN IT RONG

"x cannot into y" is a fairly well-known Internet snowclone originating with the polandball meme on the 4chan /int/ernational board. Because polandball cannot into space, countryballs cannot into proper English.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Ask your plumber for help with fixing your Englishes.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Was... was that an insult? I thought they were just reposts of designs for t-shirts worn by high school students who want the world to know they are SO EDGY.
  • Sumei
    Sumei wrote:

i think i is not very safety for them to come, bcz some ppl think are not free for you also there will hide a little bit dangerous.

Strangers always strangers, it is my thought!!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

(continued) ... heehee ... I am guessing you dont check out Sina or Tencent weibo much?

As the saying goes, "respect is earned, but not given" ... or rather, "dont ask for respect unless you have already respected others" ... now, where is the Mini dude?
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess
    i think it's just the founders are sick of this site themselves
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... the rumor from the magical forest is that the witch is now permanent attached to her wand?
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    Own up. Who had witch sectioned?
  • J
    J wrote:
    im wondering how this website does its marketing ?

• pommie
    pommie wrote:
    Yeah, you saw that coming like the end of The Crying Game.

Seriously though, hon, are you all better now? You should've told me you were laid up malingering. I would've sent you a bunch of grapes!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

(continued) ... heehee ... the wicked witch (with a wand) is mad ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... you mean ... the twat is not hairy?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... but I heard that Rowling was finished with Harry, or Hairy?

The new Oz movie is coming out soon, by the way, and I wonder if the Witch will appear with or without the wand ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I watched it via Weibo last night, it is not too bad, and I think the 3D effect will be far better than Avatar ... but if you meant that the sequels might not be as good, then that's something we will have to live with as audience ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... how are you doing it? And what browser and/or OS are you using?
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    everybody feels it ,but u say it
  • J
    J wrote:
    @black dynamite, i just checked her profile and disappointed as no pictures in her page. weliveinbeijng.com should ask people at least upload 3 pictures, otherwise he can't check other people's pictures. 

where do you watch online movies by the way? 
  • J
    J wrote:
    @black dynamite, thanks for your valuable reply. is this because theres no good site for you to watch in china? and youtube been blocked. or you just dont like it? 

and how do you watch movie? cinema? dvd at tv screen? dvd on computer? 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.