Discussion » Technology » How to handle the western staff Work Visa stuff wi

• 忙里偷闲
    忙里偷闲 wrote:
    How to handle the western staff Work Visa stuff here without education and work certifications? Anyone would give a hand by introduce us a few effictive agencies which charge reasonable?
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    @Gullekian, fyi, most, laowais around here never even finished their high schools, talkless of community college, and many of them have got working visas. Especially, when one got blue eyes, oh lord! she or he is a hot cake in most schools in China.

It's simple, u download a diploma online and write ur name and dates, at the labor office, they will just touch it to make sure if it's original or not. Whereas in other countries, the degree should come sealed from the University one schooled. This is the reason why there are a lot of uneducated from the "western staff" like the OP working around in China. Wait a min, which western staff are we talking about around? Karcozia or Bretekelestan?

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    @Gullekian, China seem to have become an Eldorado of Uneducated guys to find noble teaching job here then chill in SLT. It's ridiculous that in China job is offered on basis of how one looks like and where one comes from...credentials in China is not relevant. There was a guy in Beijing with fake credential who opened even a beauty clinic, he ran to Dubai when he destroyed one lady's mouth)

Things are still backward in that aspect, how can you conclude that a stamp is fake because it's not red or green? The good way should be to contact the chamber of commerce and make sure about it!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    @OP, your friend might not have told you the truth, I just guess. I got a friend of mine who does work like ur friend, yet he did only High school in the UK. He can't write proper English though a native English as agent used to call. But he has a work visa, as Gullekian explained above.

As Gullekian explained, my dad lost his diploma, I had to ask his univ in the US to reissue another one, I followed all the necessary processes and the diploma was sent to me six months ago. If your friend really went to a certain college, he can contact the registrar office and pay a small amount of service fee, his degree will be reissued.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Listen to this High Priest dude, OP. He knows exactly what he's talking about when it comes to buying and selling... things. And stuff. Like documents. Such as diplomas. Which he totally has and totally worked real hard for.

IT is one field where I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed to hear someone lacks a BA. Same with English teaching. I found that my academic qualifications just got in the way of making a shitload of money for having blonde hair and blue eyes, which are scientifically proven to make the childrens listen better than someone whose skin tone might be more difficult to distinguish from the chalkboard.
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    @Dando Zero, you've just implied what I've said above, guys like you live here because of the skin color rather than education credentials earned. I remember someone asking you to tell him which community college you attended in Michigan and as from what I know, u never told him.

With your so called white skin and shitload of money you are making, what have u achieved so far in China? Apart from luring little girl their knickers and rolling? How often have we read you looking for a shared room? What kind of life a guy who earns shitload of money is leading! Lord have mercy upon my soul.

@OP, if your friend get to know how to fix z staff, share the ropes with our scholar Dando zero
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Actually, what I implied is that I was overqualified and thus ill-suited to the realities of language teaching, which is why I now serve the people as a consultant to the apparatus of state media, something I wouldn't be able to do without a university degree in a relevant major. I'm in far too much debt to have attended community college in Michigan.

I wish I could help OP but I've been certified by the foreign expert's bureau for almost two years now and it is my understanding that all this shit got a fuck of a lot harder over the last year. This might explain the bitterness and resentment of certain posters concerning these issues.

I hate to say it, but if OP just sends her colleague to "an agency" like That's China or Trader's Link in the hopes the problem will go away, he'll spend a fuckload of money and he'll be allowed to stay in the country for 90 days at a time, but the lack of a work permit will still be a liability for the company. If the company isn't big enough to employ a baijiu-swilling goon with party connections, be careful about shifting the responsibility onto the laowai. It becomes enticing for a foreigner with grievances to quit on payday when one's papers aren't controlled by one's employer.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.