Discussion » Nonsense » iOaf-one

• Sab
    Sab wrote:
    I have to admit, I never used iPhone. But ever since it's exist I wondered why people so crazy for it. Seeing its hardware specifications, it's never been better than it's competition. It has a cool image and good design, but for use it's doesn't make any different. It's makes creepy pictures, it did not have GPS before, only google map for roaming fees. Wasn't simple just transfer mp3 files to it's memory, but needed to pay for song on itunes. Did not have a replaceable battery. Plus it was massively over-prised!! 

Without hurting any fan's feelings, I want to see a rational explaination for the reason people used it and made it so popular! Last time I was in love with a woman, she used a Nokia N7, (alongside she was a beautiful and very intelligent girl) it suggested me that she is individual, has personality and self confidence! She was brave enough to go against the puplic expectations of the image of being modern, cool and fashionable. She could buy any phone she wants, but she took a moment and (as I also did) she's studied the features of the phone and has decided not to buy iphone, but something else. 

I have a slight prejudice about the people who use iPhone. 

New tendency suggests in USA iPhone sells going down. Finally people start thinking? That Apple is no longer better than their "evilized" competitors the giant Microsoft was before?! It is uniformized the people and delude them by a cunning marketing strategy! Costumers buy a piece of moderatelly advance product on the highest price on the market. No wonder I have my specific idea about most of them.... 
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Short answer: app market

Long answer: OP cannot into love with a woman.
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @J@R!$ aka BLACK DYNAMITE : Yes, we agree that most of them following trends without thinking of their personal demands. (if they share photos they should care more of the quality and usefulness...) The problem is this mass of people are effects the world in other ways too. They let alive stupid and shallow TV programs and movies (the lowest common denominator ...is actually just sinking deeper) they drive!, they deform languages into shallow talk by overly used abbrevations, they make junk food selling evil corporations big, powerful and dominated, they make music industry monopolized and supports trash publishers if it's trendy... and so on. I also agree in exceptions. I know people who use iPhone because they have Mac for 20 years due to their professional work. Some could get it as a gift etc. But the tendency and people stupidity in most cases relates to this issue too. 

App market... I know. As much as I want to enjoy anything on a 4-5'' screen. If there is a proper computer at home. Furthermore Why people need to play apps or browse weibo when they are in a bar or club with their phisical friends? Should I answer to this question? :)))  

• Sab
    Sab wrote:
    J@R!$: Yeah, and I need to see their "impressionist" quality creepy pictures all over the net, as they pretending and hide their ugly skin by over exposured low quality iphone pictures :))) They incrase the "fakeness" of the Internet, make it unreliable and useless :)) This is the way it effect me :)) But you are right , it is just a phone :D 
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    我真的很喜欢中国!所以,每当我看到日本车,我会崩溃的一起推土机, 和而且由于因为希拉里·克林顿表示支持日本的问题,被遗弃的小海岛,我会粉碎,每iPhone,每当我看到一个,以惩罚美国产品
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    I think we should stop "stupid" people, before they make real significant and irreversible damage on earth or on our society. It's starts to inform people if they were mislead, or if they misbehave. I am not so liberal though. And I don't see any example that the Nature itself would have ever been. Natural selection worked well in the past 4.5 billion years. The popularity of iPhone is just the tip of the iceberg :)))) 
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    Smashing iPhones because of the ongoing news about the disputed islands it's of course simply a joke :) 
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @ 发呆: "Criticism of phones " ?? You get me wrong.. I was critisized people who use a trendy, over-prised, low equiped tool for communicate. Your judgment is wrong. I can obviously afford any phone, the reason I don't have because I did not have to buy it to know its specifications, and I needed the best camera what is available, and GPS so on, I don't care time waster applications. I have the same SE phone in the past 3 years with its 12MP camera with xenon flash. I would have spit myself if I could buy a better phone but still would have buy an iphone and share stupid low quality photos every day all over the net to annoy people with healthy eyes. I also don't want to play games or read websites on a tiny screen. That is for bored life-less morons.

I certainly have longer time cell phone than you... I was within the first 2000 costumer inc. the VIP people of the first GSM service in my country in EU. It's a fact. Maybe that makes me a bit feel supreme. I admit. So, what makes you think you made a wise decision to spend all that working money on a little of useful phone? Because you sucked all the martketing and try to be cool, afraid to be despised by your "trendy" ordinary friends? Just curious. 

Hey, I knew the iPhone users will be upset, because they are somewhat fanatics, not reasonable people :) That is why they bought that over hyped junkphone and made a US company fly high on stock market :)

Nice, I love Robert DeNiro... but if you think happiness or wealth starts at having an iPhone, then you are poor as hell... 

• Sab
    Sab wrote:
    I don't see problem with Android system (cannot understand why you brought that up) I will probably buy next time a Pureview Nokia or a Samsung. 

Did not you hear, that new statistics suggests that in USA the iphone is getting less and less popular, since there is nothing revolutionary in their new version of their phone... Perhaps people recognized that is nothing fancy to have a moderatelly advanced technology on the top price on a market. I did not care the price when I bought my first BMW at my age 19 ... because I knew it is worthy. Just give you a hint how much you lost in your foggy imagination about resolving the purpose of my judgement by your formerly poorish background :) 

Well, if you will be more personal, you admit the truth of the 1st illustration picture, that for that piece of metal (what you will throw away soon into grabage and never think again) it is more worthy to defend rather than to be kind and friendly to real people... which admit my original idea, that iphone users are commonly shallow morons driven by herd spirit and worshipping soul-less products. Child's maturity level toy and gadget maniacs. Respect for the exceptions once again!
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @Isidnar: wise! no worry to lose, and you probably use it what as should be. TALK ON IT! 

Anybody recognized that new young generation are losing the ability to talk with less know people?! Because they don't need to, they can be sound confident in SMS but soon as they need to talk, they shy morons, hang up the phone and lie something about their busy-ness ? :)) This is a tendency what makes me worry about the future.... 

There was an scientific article that human reached its peak of its intelligent about 15-10.000 years ago, ever since it's falling, due to the less stimulus and challenge. Technology makes everything easier. At the end the easiest task will not be solved by average human without techological help.... 

Yeah, I keep photographing the "phone player" morons in public places, when they finally orginized to get together with their long time no seen friends and they immerse into their stupid "smart phones" instead of communicate with those who are actually there lol :)))
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @发呆 : I criticize people for MANY other reasons too :)) Thanks for your remarks
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @Gullekian: I am glad to see that other people also start pay attention to this new phenomenom :)) I don't wanna live like people on the spaceship in the movie Wall-E :))))

Well, same as fashion brands, you pay the most for the logo or for the name, not much left for the idea or materials.

Some locals love breaking (chinese people owned!) japanese vehicles due to that disputed islands, wonder when comes the times when they start breaking iphones, because of the support of the US goverment to Japan :))) What is iPhone anyway, they assembling it in China, by very poor workers at Foxcom, but it goes back to US and comes back again on gold price to dazzle the fans  :))) The sensation is over, touch screen is not unique anymore, no radical innovation appeared, only fanatic fans keep up with them. If the price will stay unreasonably high, still some snobish people might think it's "worth" to have it. :))
  • Simen Wangberg
    "I think we should stop "stupid" people, before they make real significant and irreversible damage on earth or on our society."

And you should definitely be in charge of this endeavor.
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @Tara ❀ 樱鬼: the original question was Why do you like it if it seems worse than others and has higher price than others? Are you snobish, technologically uninformed, show off, "infected" by herd spirit, enchanted by cool brands??... you could tell me a reasonable answer. I was provoking. I always do, otherwise nothing will shake up this sensless world... Secondary, don't you think it is enough annoying that people burried into their phone while they have a company who made effort to pay attention them and meet them?? That is a much bigger insult than asking a direct question, why do you like a product if I don't see wise reason for it? Telling our opinion is obviously will hurt somebody's feeling, but if we don't have any divisive opinion, that means we don't stand up for anything!! 

• Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @Gullekian : not anymore. I had a Web developer company from the mid 90's for a few years, but it did not make me a geek :) That time all my professional friends used Mac as it was the only reliable stuff. That time Microsoft was the evil corporation, Apple made a commercial refer to the book of 1984, and placed emphasis on their dominating nature. I feel like Apple took of their place recent times, so I have negative feelings of their marketing strategy and products. I like diversity and dislike domination it kills the quality. I see the rise of Samsung and wait for Nokia's come back. Go Finnland hehe. 
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    On the other hand, how ridiculous was to see as Chinese people glorify Steve Jobs, after they got their holy iPhone for years. These people obviously thought he was a Santa Claus, a genious, who gave them an ultimate toy to fill up their empty and shallow life. At the meantime who know his and his company's real story, might have some ambivalent feeling towards to this. He ripped off his truely innovative founder partner Steve Wozniak, and all their successfull innovation, such as GUI or the MOUSE or the Ethernet card, or WYSIWYG was stolen ideas from the truly genious Xerox inventors, who invited them alongside with Bill Gates and showed them, explained them how those things works, ALL FOR FREE! In the sake of non-materialist creative minds nature. But Apple and MS guys were built from different material, infected by greeed. Their success was lay uppon these not known creative fellas who gave them the chance for a quick start up. Their attitude never has been changed. I have not much of respect to Steve Jobs, rather than he was a dictator, an arrogant boss and put himself into limelight and Chinese people admired him for what... ? For me he is nothing more than a thief, a symbol of a company which had many great programer and designer in his shade. Go take flowers to his tomb, iphone fanatics! :))
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    smart phones for stupids, stupid phones for smarts? :))))
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:

Funny pictures, but let's compare them seriously....  

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Let's get this straight: availability of apps isn't a valid reason to purchase a smartphone because it is smaller and inferior to a full-featured computer, no matter how much more useful it is to have, say, a Chinese-English dictionary in your phone, which fits in your pocket, rather than on your computer, which fits on your desk at home. And yet you're considering Nokia for of its Pureview camera optics, instead of buying a full-featured camera separately from a basic cell phone. Because the camera is a necessary component of a phone, but mobile software is totally fucking useless.

I would rather interact with my smartphone than with most of the asshats in this thread.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > App market... I know. As much as I want to enjoy anything on a 4-5'' screen. If there is a proper computer at home. Furthermore Why people need to play apps or browse weibo when they are in a bar or club with their phisical friends?

Answer: to avoid interacting with stupid cunts like OP.

> I will probably buy next time a Pureview Nokia or a Samsung.

[embed]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pureview[/embed] refers to Nokia's camera technology.

OP thinks mobile apps are useless because the screen is too small and he has a "proper" computer at home. However, camera optics on cell phones are worse than the optics of "proper" cameras by a greater margin than the difference between applications for smartphones and home computers. Moreover there are mobile apps that are comparatively more practical on mobile platforms: Google Maps, QR reader, dictionaries, translation, voice search, recording, notes, and microblogging, just to name a few. All of this shit is more practically useful on a 4-5" inch screen that fits in your pocket than the 20" one you'd have to wait until you get home to use.

And let's not forget my personal favorite: Wikipedia. There's nothing more satisfying to the inner pedant than a live fact-check.

Pardon the Ingerling's misguided rage. This thread is tl;dr
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    Alan Steve Hagendaz,  I Love You!! Saraheeyo, Ich liebe Dich, We Love You Long TIme and Yalubalusabya (or whatever the hell it is), ha. 
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    I am not an iPhone user, actually I use a finnish stupid phone, big fan! I can use it as concrete stone to hit on someone if I got bullied. Muhaha. 
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    Nah, I think I meant "Steve Alan Saint Peters -burg, AKA S.A.S.", I love you  :D 
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    @εїз : you must have serious problems in your "life" lol . 

@草泥马叫兽 : you are right with the camera issue, but since in Beijing in every moment I can see something interesting, I need something I can always carry. Can't take my SLR with me all the time, only if I go to a special place, but in everyday use, I only take a phone. So I am seeking the best alternatives. So far my SE made pretty much better pictures than even the new iphones. 

• Sab
    Sab wrote:

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.