Discussion » Nonsense » Are Chinese men "manly"?

• Josh T
    Josh T wrote:
    After reading this article I find that in most cases, Chinese men are less manly when compared to western men. IMO

http://news.yahoo.com/chinas-metrosexual-men-revive-luxury-shopping-225557382--sector.html

"Men account for about 55 percent of China's luxury goods market, well above the global average of 40 percent."

So it got me thinking. As a male, i dont care for luxury brands like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc. (in comparison with this stat)

Additionally, my girlfriend (who is chinese) said that I am more manly than most Chinese males she knows.

For the simple fact: I know how to change a tire and use a hammer. When I was with her parents and her driving through 龙口 in 山东 province we got a flat. He had no clue how to change the tire but immediately took over.

She and her parents were shocked by the ease in which i changed the tire.

So my question, do you think Chinese men are manly?? or a bunch of metrosexuals?
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    pfff. my canadian wife could change tires anytime... 
  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
    they are less "manly" when they drunk...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I like how OP's idea of manliness perfectly coincides with China's idea of peasantness.

This is why when people ask my my nationality, I say I'm from the Internet.
  • EMILIA
    EMILIA wrote:
    Those less manly guys made girls become more and more manly. 
  • Pavoir Sponse
  • Rita Here
  • Rita Here
    Rita Here wrote:
    NO

• Rita Here
    Rita Here wrote:
    NOT AT ALL
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:
    The tire changing picture is hillarious choice! Wasn't somebody mentioned that makes him a "man" :))/\ ??
  • Rita Here
    Rita Here wrote:
    @Josh T they dont chew bees)) hah...
    mostly chinese guyz have no muscules n slip,have long nails n stupid hair....
    even dandruff on shoulders doest help them to look manly,,,
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
    Agree with Godfather

Most Chinese farmers can change the tire of a tractor(they cant afford a car),they can also use a hammer and cutting woods is something they have to do everyday. they never buy luxury brand of goods, coz they cant afford them........According to the OP's theory,Chinese farmers are very manly. Oh yeah,I love them.
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    The topic isn't so sensible.

Sexual orientation and identity are complicated and neutral. China has many persistent and endurable men who do their jobs while caring their families and friends. We also see western households culture being dismembered by homosexuality, feminist, and difficult kinds of cult and religions.

A reverse topic is suggested to be:"Are Chinese women traditional and kind, or just a bunch of whinging tarts who think too much of themselves?"

Sometimes men took the responsibilities beyond their duties, or the women likewise. The problem is, at this post-industralization era, when machines and computers can do most of the jobs, people are getting more and more full of themselves, always feeling certain that we will get a second chance, seeking for the optimized life. Is't it just human nature?

Today, we all don't recognize who we are, and what we used to be. 

The thread per se is double-sided, based on the angle at which you look at this issue. 
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    At the end of the day, we all have too many reasons and excuses for ourselves. I myself sometimes can't face who I am and what I used to be. 
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    @Wallbreath, ha, great stuff, I will save them.
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    Chinese men are friends with bitches and whores, and harsh only to their lovers and wives.

Besides, they all wish to marry many wives like the Arabic, being served by like the Japanese, being handsome like the Germanic and still keep their own bad habits. 

Bear that in mind, you will be luckier when dealing with them. 

Chinese people are the cheapest around the globe, actually if I was reincarnated to be Comrade Starlin I will end it now. 
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    @Wallbreath: I paid hell a lot of price for what I wanted, but then it makes no sense. You have no idea.

I am listening to Razorlight's America now......

Gonna go out for a walk. 

• Emma
    Emma wrote:
    the most important is if a man is loved by a woman and he is lucky with it... who cares if he is menly for the other?
    if we talk about " menly " who can tell me the defination of it?
  • Simen Stensvoll
    define "manly" pls.

for me,it means :responsibility ,maturity,strong heart,stable mind,fit body.
    <>and i think im more manly than 80% men that i ever met or know.
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    Never knew that manliness could be subjected to a certain nation or ethnic group before

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.