Discussion » Current Events » Foreing student now shunning 'unfriendly' Britian.

• Wicked Witch
    Wicked Witch wrote:
     I am posting this article from the Guardian 8th January 2013 who was studying for her master in the UK. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/jan/07/visa-rules-deter-international-students

Anybody considering studying in the UK should double check the visa.  The curt message she had was sent out by a company called 'Capita'  who won a 40 million GBP contract to trace 174,000 illegal immigrants. The text reads 'Message from the UK Border Agency. You are required to leave the UK as you no longer have the right to remain.

The messages have been sent to people holding a British Passport and a gut who just invested one million GBP. Capita are a shit firm and acting like 'bully boys for the UK Border Agency.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:
      She's cute when she's angry.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    40 million pounds? They say crime never pays, but racial prejudice sure does.

According to this article in the Atlantic, The U.S. now spends more on immigration than the rest of federal law enforcement combined.
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    wow Jenny Wang-ker

you have just a balanced and proportionate reaction to news events (which was published by the Evil British Propaganda Machine and involved students of many nationalities not just Chinese)

You get blogging, because yours is a voice that must be heard above all the predjudiced and imbalanced  power hungry imperialists trying to take down the New Great Awesome and Respectable and Brilliant Republic of the People who are also Great.

• Rebecca Arnesen
      incidentally, i don't support the privatized New Tory Britain. It is wank. But what you gonna do? Assassinate the GB PM?
  • Simen Wangberg
    Can we just have a sticky at the top of the forum that says "Jenny Wang/Haty are fake profiles"? This is stupid and not even funny anymore at all.
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    I had no idea this was established fact. I've seen the Haty threads, but Wang-ker here is new to me...
    Just started using this site again (probably a mistake)
    thanks for the heads-up though
  • Simen Wangberg
    No wuz Jarg. Ain't seen you around these parts in awhile. That is probably for the best, you haven't missed much other than a slow descent into utter wankery. And yet I'm still here. WTF.
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    perhaps it's the utter wankery (stealing this top-class phrase and shamelessly adopting it as my own from now on) that keeps ya coming back...
    been plying my trade on shanghaistuff in recent weeks, shit-heeled nob-jockery abides on forums there too

still, gotta pass the time someways now don't we

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.