Discussion » Gaming » Problems playing PS3 online / update/ patch proble

• Basti
    Basti wrote:
    I was recently confronted with several errors whilst patching mw2 / bo2. The problem is now solved.
    Just follow the these steps:

1) Download PS3ProxyServerGUI and .net frameworks1.1  (SEE BELOW)
    2) Set the IP adress to your own PCs IP (you can check it in the CMD entering "ipconfig" )
    3) open your PS3 and enter in the networksettings under the subcategory  "proxy" your PC's IP and the Port "8080"
    4) set  PS3ProxyServerGUI to "PS3 mode" 

5) IMPORTANT: PC AND PS3 HAVE TO BE CONECTED WITH WIFI,NOT CABLE! 

6)try to download the patch via ps3, after the error message occured go the ps3proxy GUI program
    7) open "log" and download with an external downloader the first link (look for the extension "pkg", thats the file)
    7.1) as it wont work without a proxy use this proxy adress: IP" 219.234.82.81" port:"15354"
    ( i recommend "Free Download Manager" )
    8) after having downloaded the patch open its target folder
    9) click on the 3rd tab in "ps3proxy GUI" 
    10) click "add"
    11) in the right line you paste the downloadlink you found in the "log"
    12) press the squared button on the very right in this row and select the ps3 patch target folder

13) DONT CLOSE THE PROGRAM

14) go to your ps3 and try to update. it should work fine

tested with Modern Warfare 2,3 , Black Ops 2 and PS Store  (DOWNLOAD and ONLINE GAMING WORK FINE! )

files:  PS3 proxyGUI : http://www.filecrop.com/PS3-Proxy-Server-GUI.html
               Net 1.1            :  http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=26

NOTE: this is just the way it worked for me, i'm not responsible for any damage caused. Use the links at your own risk!

Contact me if you have any questions 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.