Discussion » Current Events » Child abuse scandal

• 雷公
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
     。。。

Hahahaha ... I thought this would have gone to "bed" already, considering that this teacher claimed to be well-connected ... and she also "confessed" that she is not qualified, but only got the job because of her connections ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... many kindies and even primary schools, will continue to hire unqualified teachers, due to demand/supply and cost, but I myself fail to see how anyone would treat a child like this ...

As far as child abuse is concerned, it is not about "training" but more about the person herself ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I just thought that it should be common sense what is "punishment" versus what is "abuse", so it should not need proper training ...

Perhaps due to my background, I do endorse "punishment", such as a spank on the palm or bottom, and it used to be acceptable, but I noticed that over recent years, such is considered "abusive" and unacceptable ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... yes, very often, I mistakenly have hope for China ...

You said ”I've had a dad beat his 5th grade son up on the school campus INSIDE THE TEACHER'S OFFICE at the first school I worked at.“ ...

That's extreme enough to be considered "abusive parents" ... but the other extreme is not right either ...

You said "I endorse punishment but no teacher has the right to physically assault a student." ...

I guess that comes down to the "fine line" ... and no, I did not mean anything drastic when I said "a spank on the palm or bottom"...

Also, about your comment: "That is for the parents" ...

Some of the parents that I have heard of, actually said that teachers (education system in general) are totally responsible for teaching their kids to behave properly and become responsible people, while they (the parents) spoil those little brats ...

• WeLiveInBeijingRess
    Burn that woman to death, Edison lost his hearing by someone tried to get him on a train in that way.
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    Is that hairy guy licking the kiddie's forehead??

Shit's messed up...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.