Discussion » Nonsense » China Education

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
      teacher is not torture...

most chinese children have too much homework they have to do it until very late night for minimum about 4 hours,in my opinion i do think the teachers have no feelings what they do,only making their students to get better score then put them too much stuffs  of the books to learn...

sometimes less homework with children's capacity to make them to remember what they learnt better than a lot of homework that the parents have to help them to finish...

what do you think?

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
    kids also need some fun and pleasure in their childhood....
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    You might like the ideas of Paulo Freire. Google it. 

[...] "banking" concept of education, in which the student was viewed as an empty account to be filled by the teacher. He notes that "it transforms students into receiving objects. It attempts to control thinking and action, leads men and women to adjust to the world, and inhibits their creative power"

[...] 
    Instead of communicating, the teacher issues communiques and makes deposits which the students patiently receive, memorize, and repeat. This is the "banking" concept of education, in which the scope of action allowed to students extends only as far as receiving, filing, and storing the deposits.

[...] 
    In the banking concept of education, knowledge is a gift bestowed by those who consider themselves knowledgable upon those whom they consider to know nothing. ... The teacher presents himself to his students as their necessary opposite; by considering their ignorance absolute, he justifies his own existence.

The experiment of 
    Tolstoy in Yasnaia Poliana also very interesting ;)
  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
    thank you A豆腐 i will have a look of it...
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
       China has education? I doubt it.
    Students are not allowed to have their own thoughts,they can only do things they are told by teachers or parents.they are not creactive and that's why  Boris Johnson once said:  中国对人类文明无丝毫贡献 ,中国文化影响近乎零,亦不会增加 .It hurts,but very true.

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
    exactly,i am totally agree with Bubbles,China had the culture and civilization,but what to let our children remember about us?greedy?pollution?toxic foods and drinks?fake branded stuffs?or anything else?it's nothing...

and our teacher wash our children's brain by learning from the books...
  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
      it's all about the f...ing g...ment...you know what i mean... :D

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.