Discussion » Health & Fitness » Health Insurance in China

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      Has anybody bought this themselves?

Is it expensive?

Any advices?
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      yeah, I can pay a bit more than that if needs be, ha. It is more for my daughter than anything....
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      She was born on 11.11. Cute little thing too
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      cheers, i was kinda hoping to get something at that price, for less than 2,000 anyway

and does that cover you for most stuff?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

hahahahaha ... finally someone asked about the "i" word? Only if I am still an agent though ... 

What cover do you need for your daughter?  
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      Hospitalization and Outpatient I guess. I presume I will be the sole policy holder. Also a policy that offers direct billing with a few Beijing hospitals would be good.

Getting quotes has prove quite a labyrinthine process
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... just to clarify ... when you guys talked about $, you meant USD, right?

Besides AXA, there is also Chartis (previously known as AIU) ... personally, I am a bit biased towards the latter, because I used to be with AIA ...

There are also others who are not too commonly known in China, including Bupa ... but I think they only have offices in Shanghai ...

As far as "direct billing" is concerned, I think Bupa (and one other whom I cannot remember the name of) might have something like that, I dont know if AXA has it, but I just called my friend over at Chartis who told me that the "direct billing" option will cost a bit more, something like 30k RMB premium per year covering one parent and one child together for US$3m including a wide range of medical items (they currently cannot insure just the child) ...  

Conc: just based on number, it does seem that AXA has a fairly good deal ... so I will tell me friend not to hold her breathe, but if you want to talk to Chartis, let me know ...
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
      If laughter is the best medicine then why does DingDang need health insurance?
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Holy fuck. Pav put his dick somewhere fertile?
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
     I only ever seem to put my dick somewhere fertile.

Just for the record, I'm not getting offered anything less than 6,000 usd per year.

I was hoping to pay less than that.
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
      Sounds like if the sprog has an accident you won't exactly have trouble making a new one.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      True. I have got girls pregnant my high fiving them before
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
    Is that inches or centimeters?
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      What do you think I am, black? CM of course
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
     。。。

(continued) ...

pommie ... I gained weight because of laughter, so it is more like a poison? heehee ...

pavoir ... so, 30k RMB per year is too much?
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      I think 20K would be about my limit realistically speaking.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... then check with AXA, and if you have doubts, I can introduce you to my friend at Chartis (after Xmas, she is out of town on holiday), but I dont think you will find Bupa too appealing ...
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      will check out Axa, thanks...
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    The Chinese Government has imposed rcertain restrictions on the sale of assets insurance within the territory of PRC by foreign insurance firm.

Inland life and medical insurance available for foreigners older than 55 only. And basically the terms and conditions entail no rights for the insurer and the beneficial in general. The insurance premium claims are quite difficult. 

HKSAR however, is an ideal administration for foreign citizens to purchase medical insurance, for the worse cases, you may travel to HK for inpatient hospital treatments.

For emergency medical relief, please visit AirMed (if you got lost in Chenchnya for example)

I would not recommend any private-funded hospital in Beijing though. 

I wonder, before you visit Beijing, I guess most people are always award that we need to have basic medical knowledge to survive in here. :)

I carry a sodium cyanide capsule with me everywhere I go, so I won't become a burden of my family and friends. (sarcasm) 
  • K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:
    Jesus, my English is getting so worse these days....
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    。。。

(continued) ... so worse?

Huh? Over 55 only?

I have to be honest that I am not familiar with all the 100% foreign insurance companies in China, but AXA is not 100% foreign, nor is Prudential, however, both AIA and Chartis (formerly AIU) are ... and last checked, which was 1 month ago, there was no "age restriction", legally speaking ...

If I remember correctly, a "restriction" was announced around 2009 or 2010 forbidding US citizens from signing any retirement insurance plan in China due to tax reason, but that did not apply to all nationalities ...

Surely, Ms Tsang, you did not believe what you have copied?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.