Discussion » Nonsense » how do you call foreigners?

• chenzeizei
    chenzeizei wrote:
    How do you call foreigners?
    Call their name? Call him: a Chinese , an American ? or Mr. ?

• Simen Wangberg
      With a phone
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
      call their name? yeah,call them names.
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
      Hallooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
      foreigners
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:
      叫他老师他教你外语!嘿嘿。
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    why don´t foreigners like be called laowai?

why don´t chinese migrant workers in BJ like be called 老外地 by bejingers?

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    In Spain, in touristic places, foreigners usually are called -guiris- (Only from Northern Europe and the Anglo-saxon sphere or..... those foreigners wearing sandals and socks..... this is SUPER GUIRI !!!!

Sometimes "langosta" (lobster), when some of those pales faces spend too much time under the sun on the beach, and they get a sunburn, one example:  

• Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
      @chenzeizei

don't take my words seriouly, "call sb names" doesnt mean"call their name",I was just joking around.
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:
    Psyche 的回答永远是最可爱的。
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    @chenzeizei, I think spaniards use guiri in the same way chinese use laowai. 

About chinese people, in Spain we have this:

Some derogatory terms for chinese people like: Chinito-chinita (小中国男人/女人), and Chinaco, Chinorris (don´t have meaning, it´s just a way to pronunce the proper word -chino/china- in a disrespectful way).

In Spain we have a saying: Te engañaron como a un chino. (You have been cheated as if you were chinese). Yep, some spaniards consider chinese people are very easy to cheat. Funny? Ironic? If you think about all those chinese sellers working in the silk market, yashow or yabaolu. 
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    I think that despite all these centuries of technological progress, humans still have troubles overcoming petty tribal bullshit (we/they.... countryman/foreigner.... outsider/inhabitant.....
    Maybe because assholes&morons&bigots tend to have the highest fertility rates among human beings.

• Jon erlend Nordby
     lol,袜子打得真好耶!
  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:
      Call them collect!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.