Discussion » Current Events » Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut school leaves 28

• Wicked Witch
    Wicked Witch wrote:
  • Reply from Simen Wangberg is flagged as not relevant.

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:
     This is just too horrible.. my deep condolence.

Every year so many people got shot in the US, what some of the politicians talked about is that schools should be armed instead of ban of guns nationwide...
  • Reply from pommie is flagged as not relevant.

• Bobo
    Bobo wrote:

Victoria Soto, a 27 year old first grade teacher, hid her students in closets and cabinets. When the shooter reacher her classroom and asked her where her students were, she lied and told him she took them to the gym. He shot her on the spot and left. Her entire classroom survived. You're a hero, Victoria. Rest in peace. 

Please pray for her , she is real hero . 
  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:
      oh.. please say you are not serious Psyché , of course it won't stop illegal guns, but is medicine ever gonna make us live forever? banning it will definitely lower the gun holders' number significantly, which means... yes, such tragedy might happen again, but the chance will sure drop... in Henan, China, a man stabbed more than 20 children in a school, but how many ppl died? see the difference? 
  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:
    pUN PACT
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
  • Holly㊛
    Holly㊛ wrote:
    This is a great tragedy about it.I found a lot of countries have guns is legal !I don't want to live in the surrounding neighbors to carry guns place.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    The 20 Henan kids sustained only superficial injuries. America wins! #1!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Offenses involving all firearms in which people were killed or injured quadrupled in the UK over the 10 years following the 1997 handgun ban.

Over as a long period of time as a decade there are bound to be a few spikes in the data corresponding to flare-ups of sectarian violence in Northern Ireland. Moreover, like any other crime statistics, the number @Radical pulled out of his ass refers to incidents recorded by police, not the number of actual incidents. Murky claims that gun crime has doubled, tripled, or quadrupled over as long a period as a fucking decade in fact reflect changes in reporting practices.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @Wicked,
    >"you cannot quote Nothern Ireland as they would have their own figures of gun crimes."
    Precisely.

@Radical,
    > no link to validate claim
    I don't need a degree in criminology to know a nebulous appeal to a fabricated statistic when I see it.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > implying no spikes in sectarian violence occurred in Northern Ireland since the handgun ban

Your manifest imprecision with your own native language might be excusable if you demonstrated some precision with the more universal language of mathematics, but your stubborn refusal to provide a valid reference to the actual data upon which your assertion rests--or even so much as a time frame for this supposed four-fold increase in the "Handgun murder rate"--does absolutely nothing to obscure the fact that you are statistically illiterate.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    That's easy. You equivocated "gun crime rates" with "handgun murder rates." Also, remember when you incorrectly insisted the UK equalities minister was a "he"?

Shootings in NI before the bans weren't uniformly recorded. Again, reporting standards change a lot over a decade. I challenge you yet again to provide the actual figures you keep vaguely alluding to, but I know you won't because you're completely up your own ass, again. If you weren't, you'd be talking about year-by-year changes in crime rates in England and Wales instead of interpreting vast improvements in national crime reporting over the course of a decade as a four-fold increase in handgun-related murder.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Four times as many gun crimes are being reported. Carrying a gun wasn't illegal before. Now it is. Crime rate up! BLAME LIBRULS.

Thanks for seizing the moment that is the tragic deaths of 28 people as the perfect opportunity to say something so unbelievably fucking stupid that even NRA spokespeople would be clearing their throats and looking for an exit.

I don't even have to start in with the leftist gun control rhetoric. You're so fucking butthurt that you're pissing and moaning about it without me even mentioning it. I can just fall back on "Gee, shucks, a feller can defend him and his just fine with a regular ole 12-gauge shotgun. Handguns are for faggots. The bathhouse gloryhole kind of faggot, y'know. Not the gay marryin' kind."

Yeah. That's the ticket.  
  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
      haha,no matter what you guys talking about,i am glad that still some people here and commending... :D
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I didn't say anything about openly carrying a gun in public places. I simply said carry. When something becomes prohibited, reports of crimes related to it are expected to increase. This is manifestly obvious to people who are not unbelievably fucking stupid.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Not relevant, and no, I didn't vote for Obama during either election because he was unequivocally hawkish from the get-go. You're slow.

Go the fuck back to the UK, put a handgun in your mouth, and pull the trigger. That way your death will be recorded as a violent gun crime and in another decade someone else who is unbelievably fucking stupid will use it to imply the counterproductivity of regulating firearms.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Suicide by handgun wouldn't have been reported as a firearm-related crime--or incorporated in an utterly fictitious "handgun murder rate"--before handguns were deemed illegal and police reporting standards changed.

That you'd claim INTERNET VICTORY with nothing more than the continuing availability of handguns implied by my suggestion you terminate your life with one of them just confirms that you live in an ideological fantasy world, not that there was any doubt after your tantrums about Obama's drone assassins and noted fascination with my enthusiasm for consensual sodomy, which obviously have a whole lot to do with school shootings.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    You still neglect to mention that the supposed change occurs over a period of 10 years, during which reporting procedures and laws themselves changed significantly. By your own admission, "gun violence" includes suicide, and the actual figures concerning reports of firearm-related injuries and killings also include accidents, not only intentional shootings, and certainly not only "murders" as you originally asserted before I clarified why it does not reflect reality.

You're welcome.

One can only hope that a significant number of those suicides were insipid wankers who just couldn't live without their rooty tooty point and shooties, because even if we are to entertain the painfully stupid notion that gun ownership prevents crime (lel), there is still no reason to believe that restricting ownership to, say, rifles and shotguns, would present an onerous burden upon one's reasonable capacity for self-defense.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Analysis of crime data might as well take place in a little black box where police reports go in and out comes "darkies are gang-raping white women" or "gun control laws cause school shootings."

Two can play at this game: police filed five times as much paperwork 10 years after the handgun ban because they didn't have shit to do what with people shooting each other less. Five is bigger than four. You do the math. Or don't, 'cuz you can't.

>  Yes, "gun violence" includes suicide but NO,
    accidents are not recorded as violent crimes, they are recorded, surprisingly, as accidents.

When police officers file reports, they do not get to check a little box on a form marked "bang bang angry shooty gun violence" or "oops, sorry, accidental firearm discharge." Distinguishing between the two often requires forensic investigation. Get it through your thick skull that there are no such figures as "violent gun crime" or "handgun murder rate." You're inferring these phenomenon from reports of incidents involving firearms where people are injured or killed, a figure which certainly includes accidents, and even includes incidents of actual violence where the perpetrator--or even victim--was in possession of a firearm regardless of whether or not it was implemented in the actual crime.

And of course, there is zero assurance that crime reports will be uniform over the course of a whole decade across an entire nation with several different legal systems. Real crime statistics are year-by-year and confined to much smaller areas.

> ur racist against gun owners

Go express your solidarity with this guy:

j/k. You've ain't got anything solid to express besides the peanut-pocked turds of constipated hatred.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    NO U show me where you learned this "well known fact." Oh. That's right. You won't, because that would confirm that I blasted you out of orbit in my first post. There is no hard data for "handgun murders" or "gun violence." These are existent phenomena, but not figures or statistics. There is data on police reports of injuries and killings involving firearms, and those went up by a metric fuckload because UK police have so much more time to file detailed paperwork ever since the handgun ban went into effect.

Unless you really mean to >imply your "statistics" are not based on police reports at all, which is a truly laughable assertion.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    OP cannot into hyperlink.

FTFY.

> There were 7,024 offences in England and Wales in which firearms, excluding air weapons, were reportedly used, a 13% decrease on the previous year, continuing the general decline since 2005/06.

Butthurt is imminent.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

> implying it's not an intrinsically political issue

> implying @Radical didn't politicize the issue before Barry

> implying pegging does not make Dando all but immune to butthurt

> implying stats only include shootouts and gang-rape, because these crimes sound "urban."

> implying you can determine a 10-year trend using fewer than 10 one-year intervals

> implying crime rates are not based on police reports

> implying handguns have anything more than extremely marginal situational advantages over longarms in self-defense or deterrence

> implying police can be trusted to file reports uniformly for 10 consecutive years but can't be trusted to adequately regulate possession of deadly weapons

> implying the Stranger does not dig Dando's style

> implying a truism is the same as the truth

Butthurt status: rectal wreckage.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    > implying accidents count as violent crime stats

Stopped here, because I explicitly stated it several times. lrn2implyimplications

To be precise (which you can't, 'cuz ur dum as fuk) there is no hard "violent crime" data. You can't count crime, as it is not phenomenologically discrete. You can count reports of injuries and deaths involving firearms. But reports are not analyses, because in the end it is not solely the duty of police investigators to determine whether violence was done intentionally or accidentally (reread that clause a few times pls). Or do you sincerely believe that your imaginary "dreadfully bad angry bang bang rooty tooty point and shooty behaviours" data is derived from arrest and conviction records or motions by prosecutors? Because that's even further removed from actual events of violence than police reports, which as I have shown are not a perfect measure of criminal phenomena.

Before Barry vowed to put gun control on the table, you politicized the deaths of 28 people with your obviously false "handgun murders quadrupled" since 1997 remark. Beyond being a total fucking lie, it was evidently in poor taste, which is why everyone is ignoring your acrimonious insinuations regarding the sincerity of Barack Obama's response to the tragedy, as well as my own sexual preferences. By the way, I like to put things in my butt sometimes. It's fun. I would suggest you try it, but back when I was suffering from an anal fissure, the proctologist told me to avoid anal trauma. This thread seems to have traumatized your turd turnpike plenty enough already.

Anyway, it was reports of injuries and deaths involving firearms which quadrupled since 1997, not "handgun murders," because in instances of "dreadfully bad angry bang bang shooty behaviours," officers of Scotland Yard must file a separate report for every single shot fired, each in iambic pentameter.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    On Planet Radical, statistics analyze themselves! And now "handgun murders" has alchemically transmuted into "gun crime," which somehow includes suicides but not accidents.

> There were 7,024 offences in England and Wales in which firearms, excluding air weapons, were reportedly used, a 13% decrease on the previous year, continuing the general decline since 2005/06.

Stay mad.
  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

No hack no lulz, just op opinion.  This has nothing to do with dick riding Dando. The victims will tell you it’s not that important. Remember the people of Guantanamo? They preferred the ghostly penetration of apparitional Dando. At least he would leave. “No sacrilegious chats during sex”, they would say. From the unknown Laden subject, I was privileged to see an inner view.”Where is the trauma”, I said (very tramatic) .Yet it was the same to he and I; we were cold without a since of true depth or penetration and yet we had convinced a Fucking few.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.