Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » VISA issuing has been strictened?

• Mading
    Mading wrote:
    <p>Can anyone confirm if this is true? I heard the Communist party have made it worse for any foreigners to get their VISA extended or getting a new 1 at all...</p>
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

I think Lao Lee was just stricken by the gravity of the strict new policies.

edit: apologies, I thought we were making fun of Lao Lee's failure to conquer the intricacies of strict and struck rather than the OP's failure.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... it helps to have a special identity when needed :)

tsk, tsk, tsk, Lee, picking on English teacher?

• Amber
    Amber wrote:

how to bring ur chinese gf abroad if u study oversea?

• Simen Wangberg

The Mexicans hide in the bushes just outside the Walmart parking lot, waiting to ambush Americans and take their jobs away.

They put a tranquilizer dart in the job's neck, stuff it in a black bag and throw the bag in the back of their truck and drive off into the sunset.

Another job TAKEN by illegal immigrants.

• Simen Wangberg

Chillax son, I agree completely.

That's just the response I think I'd like to give if I ever actually heard someone say "DURN MEXICURNS ARE TURKING OUR JURBS" but I've never actually heard anyone say that in my presence.

I mean, at the end of the day, we're white people complaining about a problem on the Internet, ya know? I'm at least going to get myself a chuckle out of it.

You're right though, I have gained more friends and become more cool in the last two hours. I'm gonna go eat a small cake or maybe some of those tiny shitty mini-donuts, by myself, in my cubicle. Thug life.

• Simen Wangberg

Kay dude. So lay out your five-point plan for taking back the American economy - I'm right there with ya.

'till then, yeah, I'm in China, so I'm gonna go litter without consequence and get drunk for two dollars.

• Simen Wangberg

Yeah those ain't bad. Maybe better to invest in nuclear or other alternatives instead of just drilling for more oil though. Would require an overhaul of the auto industry maybe. Errrrrmmm

I dunno if 'merica could get by without all its cheap Chinese imports though. Erryday low prices.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

American petroleum companies are already on a trajectory to make the U.S. & eh the world's #1 oil producer within a decade thanks to dubious new methods of raping the planet. Tapping the strategic reserves and further enriching those companies as well as Alaskans--who are all rapists--is a non-starter.

Thorium reactors FTW.

3: Reduce imports by 50% (esp. from China)

Yeah. Fuck the WTO.

But you seem to have forgotten:

6: ?????

7: PROFIT!

What keeps the Messicans in 'Murrika is not the lingering specter of racism, for you vastly overestimate the degree to which ignorant rednecks care about being labelled as racists. Rather, the economic system depends on the availability of swiftly exploitable black market labor. Yuppies like cheap groceries and paying their bilingual nannies under the table.

You might not be racist, but you are definitely brain-damaged.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

BW, welcome back into the foray, your contribution is welcome but I already made that point

You didn't make that point. You dulled it by blaming political correctness before the unstoppable buggernaut that is consumerism.

Even labor unions rarely even pay lip service to the notion of a War on Illegal Labor, because it's even more futile than the one Reagan declared on drugs. Your time is over, supply sider. Recession time. We're all Keynesians now.

I've got a better idea: make agriculture work attractive to U.S. citizens by guaranteeing the same protections that other industrial sectors enjoy, including minimum wage. The only reason farm labor was exempted from New Deal labor policies was to mollify the Dixiecrats who feared enriching uppity Negros.

try actually reading my post yea?

Try actually reading an American history book, you merchant banker.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

In none of what you regurgitated did you make any mention whatsoever of consumer demand, instead blaming "corporations" and "politicians" just like an ersatz populist teabagger (no small feat for a Tory). I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the chance to sort through your own shitposts to catch something I might have missed. Clearly, I was too generous in conceding that you dulled a point that you've actually missed.

Who are the "their own people" of the U.S. politicians you are referring to? Actually, I don't care. Ignorant rednecks, probably. More importantly, who are the not-their-own-people?

Answer: Other Americans.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... G, really? how so?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) .. heehee ... you are answering for G, or about something else? By the way, where did you read that from?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... ditto, Alex, ditto ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... ditto ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Lee ... you might be eligible?

alt text

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I think consumer demand is a given.

And yet you previously claimed that you had already made that point and accused me of not reading your posts. You offer a compelling reason not to read anything else. Why bother? By not reading, I can express the remarkably self-evident truths that you would prefer left obscured. Once again, the blind master casually wanders into the fray and deftly eviscerates your bloated and clumsy rhetoric with effortless grace that appears almost accidental. All your Internets are belong to me.

But what's far more shameful than your inability to account for any of the bullshit you spew is the grave disservice you do to the historical development radical anarchism by eschewing the strategy direct action in favor of legal nationalism. That a human being's rights should drastically change after crossing a river or imaginary line in the dirt is not radical, but decidedly reactionary. Strengthening border security is far less direct a solution than extending to agricultural and service workers the same labor rights industrial workers have enjoyed for decades. That's also a more elegant "small government" solution than sending government agents to split up families and employing an army of disaffected rednecks to make sure no brown people cross an invisible line in the dirt--'cuz who the fuck else do you think wants that job? Peace Corps volunteers?

Supply-side criminology is as utterly shitfail as its economic counterpart, and the War on Immigrants fails for the same reason as the War on Drugs, to the perpetual advantage of the same motherfuckers.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.