Discussion » Current Events » US President election.

• Josh T
    Josh T wrote:
    <p>So the U.S. president election is a few weeks away. Many of us here on WLIB are from different countries and may not even care.</p> <p>BUT, I am curious as to what some of you think of Obama and Romney. Which do you prefer?</p> <p>IF you don't know anything about either, express what you would want the American president to stand for in terms of foreign policies, economic ideas, etc.</p>
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Choose the lesser evil...

"even when a life begins with the horrible situation of rape, is something that God wants to happen."

^-Richard Mourdock, Republican candidate for U.S. Senate from Indiana.

What kind of people vote for republicans?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Threaten to nationalize it along with insurance and other non-productive sectors. Also, resource extraction. Fucking U.S. oil companies are making a killing on horizontal drilling and in many cases avoid paying mineral rights to farmers and other land owners.

Obama had already won the election when the Republicans insisted on extending the unsustainable Bush era tax cuts for the wealthy earlier in his term. Democrats wanted to extend the tax cuts for the middle class and let the cuts for people earning more than ~$200,000 expire, but the Republican'ts threatened procedural obstructions.

Personally, I think they should raise the payroll tax threshold so that the wealthy pay into the social security system for the poor, and expand medicare and medicaid benefits. But that's naked redistribution of wealth and Americunts won't go for that.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The kind of people who support Mitt Romney don't normally live in (or even visit) foreign countries.

But some of 'em keep their money there.

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

Romney's energy policy makes more sense. He would shamlessly give up any progress on Kyoto protocol or climate talks, but I would say Obama is a hyprocrite on that too.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.