Discussion » Food & Drink » Cooking Roast Potatoes

• Wicked Witch
    Wicked Witch wrote:
    <p>I always try to choose medium sized potatoes. </p> <p>Part Boil the potatoes first adding salt as they cooking. Don't overcook the potatoes as they will crumble. </p> <p>Once you have par boiled the potatoes, take them of the heat and run cold water over them to stop them cooking. </p> <p>Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and put oil over them. (They say the best roast potatoes cook and taste better using goose fat. I find them too greasy to taste.) You can add cloves of garlic if you want extra taste. </p> <p>Every 15 minutes take a spoon and keep covering the roast potatoes with the hot oil. </p> <p>Cook until the potatoes are a golden brown. </p> <p>When the potatoes are cooked I put the potatoes on sheets of kitchen towel to remove excess oil, then transfer them to a serving plate. Give them a fine coating of salt and pepper to taste.</p> <p>I always cook my potatoes with a roasting joint of sirloin of beef or a joint of pork covered with fat for crackling. Adding the potatoes towards the last 45 minutes of cooking. `</p>
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

They are delicious!

Where in Beijing to eat??

• Reply from 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) is flagged as not relevant.

• Reply from pommie is flagged as not relevant.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... on a personally?

By the way, in case you have not figured it out yet, this IR or NR thing, works both ways :)

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Witch, do you like to grease up your tats yourself or get someone else to grease your tats?

Cos I'm free tomorrow after 6.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Not yet uncle. Hana mentioned somewhere in Houhai but I've just had a tooth pulled so I've lost interest for the moment!

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

partly boil them, and shake them in a strainer then saute with rosemary and bit of garlic. Really good!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.