Discussion » Beijing Life » about getting abused by criminals in beijing

• Jeannie X.
    Jeannie X. wrote:

I was walking towards the bus stop, trying to get home from work at night. and this guy snuck up on me to steal my purse. i saw his hand reaching to my purse from the back so i turned around and kicked him in the leg. he punched me in the face. but i didnt move. we stared at each other and eventually the guy walked away. and there were two of them. his friend was waiting for him on an electronic bike so i guess their plan was to run away after the robbery. this happened monday night around majiapu station.

of course i was walking alone but i wanna warn everybody, especially girls. people has been telling me next time, don't fight back cuz it'll get u killed. i just wanna say it is people like u, that are helping the criminals do their crimes. becuz they knew u would just give in to them and not fight back at all cuz u're cowards. those two guys didnt steal my purse cuz i scared them. i showed them i wasn't an easy target. but girls, if u don't fight back, u'll get killed anyway... when u fight, u're not fighting for ur purse,u're fight for life. if u don't know how to stand up for urself, u might as well die. so please, set an example for ur kids. u wanna be fathers and mothers, learn to fight first. i also suggest girls to have small weapons. like a pen, or a pencil, stuff like that. nobody expect u to stab them with a pen. stab them in their eyes, throats. kick them in ther balls... that will buy u some time to run away or call the police. I probably saved those people who's walking on that street, trying to get home like i did cuz if i didn't fight back, those criminals were probably gonna hurt more people. so this isn't just about me, it's about the world too.

• Patrick Coleman

jean and to everybody, please dont fight back, your life is the most important of all, its not being a coward but being wise. your just lucky this time.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

A guy tried to open my friend's bag when we were walking once. The street wasn't that crowded so I looked for his partner and the guy was like fifty meters behind; way too far back to help. I smashed the guy in the head with the butt of my knife. I don't know if he died or what but nobody seemed to care, and his friend just ran away when I took a couple steps in that direction.

• Simen Wangberg

"I smashed the guy in the head with the butt of my knife."

TIL Minger's street kit includes a goddamn Bowie knife or something. SWEET.

That being said, it is pretty retarded to fight back, especially against Chinese. They tend to attack in packs, like jackals do. Better to run.

"when u fight, u're not fighting for ur purse,u're fight for life."

You aren't fighting for your life when you confront someone who's trying to take your purse - you are risking your life for a fucking purse.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I live among you

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

I always bring with me my two 九節鞭, make me feel safe... It is a good weapon against hordes of goblins with slanted eyes

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

(and my axe.jpg)

• Reply from pommie is flagged as not relevant.

• Simen Wangberg

"when somebody's abusing u for no reason at all, u don't let them have their way."

Kay. Yeah sure. But when someone is abusing me with a knife, I'm probably going to let them have their way. You're pretty lucky you didn't get stabbed or worse.

"it's better to be dead by fighting for ur dignity, ur rights than by giving in to criminals."

Yeah no. Pretty sure my life is still worth more than whatever's in my wallet.

But hey, if you really think you're doing some kind of public service by risking your life, fucking go for it. Darwin's Law in action!

I think you can buy a cape and mask and Yaxiu. Coincidentally, multiple acts of violence have taken place in the alley behind that building...I think you know what to do.

You're the hero Beijing deserves, but not the one it...no, forget it. Go get stabbed. Don't give a fuck.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.