Discussion » Food & Drink » Fake wines in China seized....

• Gullekian
    Gullekian wrote:
    <p>I was reading this article last week and I thought I’d share it here. The article is in French in La Tribune;</p> <p>Here’s the link: <a href="http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/industrie/agroalimentaire-biens-de-consommation-luxe/20120820trib000715258/la-chine-denonce-la-concurrence-deloyale-de-l-europe-dans-le-vin.html?goback=.gmr_4570100.gde_4570100_member_151714699">http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/industrie/agroalimentaire-biens-de-consommation-luxe/20120820trib000715258/la-chine-denonce-la-concurrence-deloyale-de-l-europe-dans-le-vin.html?goback=.gmr_4570100.gde_4570100_member_151714699</a></p> <p>According to the article, the China Alcoholic Drinks Association (CADA) asked the Chinese government to investigate all wines imported from the European Union countries, under the pretext that their respective governments are subsidizing their farmers so that they can produce and export cheaper wine to China… while China decided to take tougher measures, (meaning complications at the customs) on wine imported from the EU.</p> <p>The EU acted fast and presented a complaint to WTO, France being the first, saying that there were more château Lafite 1982 in China than France had produced… On that news, Shanghai authorities seized 4000 bottles of château Lafite 1982 (fake ones) that were being produced here in China… </p> <p>So now it is still unknown if China will complicate the import of European wines… </p>
  • Heidi Viga
    Heidi Viga wrote:

They probably will, thats what authorities do they create jobs for them selves. I belive china will in a few years produce lots of good wines themselves but up until they do they need a large import of wines.

Since there are a large amount of people in china that have become extremy rich recently and they love to show off their stuff there will be a lot of fake Lafite ,palmer ,margaux and so on. In other words more money than taste.

It will change though people and not just only the super rich will enjoy good wine more and more and there are so many good wines out there in all price range

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

First of all, Chinese mostly know nothing about red wine, apart from showing off as posh and noble, secondly, everything from China is fake, I guess you should have known that by now. Cheap is the bible for Chinese, because sadly we believe that things can be earned with no price and life can be lived in lies.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.