Discussion » Nonsense » Which book(s) are you currently reading?

• joe
    joe wrote:
    <p>i tend to read several books side by side.</p> <p><strong>currently reading:</strong></p> <p>ice-t's autobiography</p> <p>frank dikotter - mao's great famine</p> <p>r.a. schwaller de lubicz - the temple in man</p> <p>abraham-hicks - getting into the vortex</p> <p>primo levi - survival in auschwitz</p> <p>j. randy taraborrelli - michael jackson</p> <p>neale donald walsch - conversations with snot</p> <p><strong>recently read:</strong></p> <p>dr. miklos nyiszli - auschwitz: a doctor's eyewitness account</p> <p>duff mckagan - it's so easy</p> <p>sammy hagar - red</p> <p>walter isaacson - steve jobs</p> <p>slash's autobiography</p> <p>(i love autobiographies)</p>
  • Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

just started the second book of "1Q84" by Haruki Murakami (don't know whether they also translated into three volumes for the english version, but i'm reading the original version)

and very slowing progressing on "Guns, gems, and steel" by Jared Diamond, great book trying to answer what caused the disparity between the more developed societies and the less ones.

@Joepie, have you ever finished any books then, if you read sooo many side by side at the same time?!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Riders of the Purple Sage. I picked it up 'cuz it was one of my dad's favorite Westerns. It sucks.

I only hope that the inevitable orgy of Mormon-slaying gun violence ends up coinciding with the shellacking Mitt Romney is due to receive in November. That I only read on mass transit and have been riding a scooter to work as of late is drawing out the process considerably.

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

A Panther in the Basement , by Amos Oz.

just finished My Michael, also by Amos Oz.

Anyway, dont think anyone here would be interested in hebrew literature.

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

@ Magdalena : turns out the saying is right, that "assumption is the mother of all XXXXXXX "

my fault. the sentence is inappropriate. but really never mean to show a dismissive attitude .

I'm just so in love with his approach of writing recently, but did not find people who can talk to.

@ Isidnar, man, you are just so ( .... ) !!

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

@ Isidnar, no, in my mind it is actually quite a positive adjective in the ( ).

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

how about De Donkere Kamer van Damokles...

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

cannot read a single bit dutch. only capable of reading some spanish.

And so let me be a high school student again (also plan to read Beyong Sleep).

Similar solid assumption: 80 percent of Chinese teenagers start their japanese literature journey in the simple writing from Murakami (if not Ryunosuke).

• Holly㊛
    Holly㊛ wrote:

遇見未知的自己 Financial books

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Metaphors We Live By

Cows, Pigs, Wars & Witches: The Riddles of Culture

And forcing myself to finish reading American Gods O_o

alt text

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

the internet seems to be eroding my capacity to read and, quite possibly, to think...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.