Discussion » Beijing Life » money is not everything in the life.. what happene

• Ibrahim
    Ibrahim wrote:
    <p>money is not everything in the life.. what happened to you people ? ? ?</p>
  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

what happened?

• Simen Wangberg

Cash Rules Everything Around Me

C.R.E.A.M. get the money

etc.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I love this line:

you know . i am fat boy . i found only my sizes in silk market , but god , i really hate to go there

ibrahim ... my own "silk street rule" is "one quarter", which means that I replied about "one quarter" of the asking price and did not move from it ... and, a more general rule is that I pay what I like, not what they ask for ...

As for the "fat boy" part, I have a friend who might be able to help ... he is big, but he can find well-fit and trendy clothes at very good price ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I will try to find out ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... ibrahim, I have talked to the "procurement dept" of my friend, and she told me that they mainly shopped at Xidan (西单明珠, 2nd or 3rd floor) and Silk Street, similarly, Yaxiu at Sanlitun ... she also does internet shopping on Taobao.com, where you can sometimes get some good bargains if you do your homework right ...

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

a quarter? try an eighth my friend. anyway, there are bargains to be had at silk street and yashow or however you spell it, you just have to be real careful when checking quality, AND make sure that what the sales girl gives you is THE SAME as the sample you looked at. I had a bait and switch pulled on me a few weeks back that pissed me off. Made a scene, got my money back.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Lee, which bank do you deal with? Did you mean trouble when you "check out" or what?

When I shop on TB, I use SZ Dev and ICBC, both of which have been very safe and reliable, but ICBC has one extra step that needs a little plastic card ...

a quarter? try an eighth my friend.

I guess, in a discriminative kind of way, the 1/4 or 1/8 depends on your "apprerance", and also season ... as I said, at the end, it is not how much they asked for, but how much you are happy to pay ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

Pus taobao is predominantly chinese s that makes it difficult for even the foreign chinese speaker...

Heehee ... I cannot see how it would have been a problem for you though ...

On the other hand, I often just browse Taobao to find the "expected price range" and then actually bought from the shops (Silk, ZGC, etc) ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.