Discussion » Current Events » chinese in Africa

• くり
    くり wrote:
    <p>Zambia: Chinese Supervisor Dies During Protest at Mine http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/07/world/africa/zambia-chinese-supervisor-dies-during-protest-at-mine.html</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I thought laowais were the only one coming to China to destroy Chinese culture and bringing crimes.

We still need Emperor Bo anyway.

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

whoever commit a crime should be punished, that's the right thing to do...

It is a sign that Chinese businesses continue to be troubled by the country's stubborn gang culture as they expand overseas.

DD, How do u understand this one, Chinese gang culture??? or local country's gang culture? I might be too young to say this, but I don't really know if gang's a common phenomenon...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

DD, How do u understand this one, Chinese gang culture??? or local country's gang culture? I might be too young to say this, but I don't really know if gang's a common phenomenon...

I think "gang" here might be referring to the Chinese governmet or the Party ...

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

DD, oh...you don't say....

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... yes ... I did ...

One common saying about China is that it is the most "productive" country, in the sense that it has so many people to "order" around and can easily "change" an entire area (size and details to be defined) within 48 hours or less ... in other words, life is relatively cheap in this country, and if "human trafficking" is the latest Chinese export, it should not be a HUGE surprise ...

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

that reminds me of why the arks were built in China in the movie 2012...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... it is stated in Chinese history that the Great Wall was the result of thousands of deaths ...

One really disgusting joke that I think the spammer would like:

You will drown if you get spit on once by every Chinese

A better one is:

You could easily become the richest (or among the richest) if every Chinese gives you just one mao (ten cents)

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

@Josh T > What do you expect when you go abroad for cheap labor in underdeveloped countries.

C'mon, the Chinese companies going to Africa are not aiming at the cheap labors, but the nature resources!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Ditto @Schokoschoko. Cheap labor has to be the last thing China wants from Africa. The African Union headquarters was built entirely with Chinese labor.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

What do you expect when you go abroad for cheap labor in underdeveloped countries

Hahahaha ... was that not the same (or similar) question raised by the western countries when they first came to China? Or SE Asia in general?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.