Discussion » Beijing Life » Shuangjing Exit C will be closed from saturday 25t

  • Tara ❀ 樱鬼
    Tara ❀ 樱鬼 wrote:

    Just came back home only to find the news that Exit C of Shuangjing subway station will be closed from the coming Saturday. It will be pulled down and a new exit shared by line 7 and line 10 will be built later..

    People staying in 百环家园, 首城国际,华腾园,和谐雅园,etc.. 5 more mins on the way to work every morning! Ugh...as if it is not tough enough already...

    And..isn't it already hollow underground in Beijing?

  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

    there's no off-peak time when it comes to beijing traffic

    isn't it the reason why they are building more? be patient pls, or at least you can always choose to go to other cities

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... I thought I heard the Brit?

    They should have thought it through.

    All people living here are contributing to Beijing's development and Beijing is developing at the cost of people's happiness.

    Heehee ... where should we start?

    Thus we do have a say about it.

    Huh?

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ...

    OP - imagine how it was before there wasn't a decent subway.

    I have a fading memory of that ... it was nice and peaceful, and everyone was friendly :)

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... obviously, when they thought six carriages were sufficient, they did not plan or expect a huge population in Beijing ...

    The platforms in some stations can actually be modified to cater eight carriages, but, not all stations, so, my guess is that they did not plan or allow expansion ...

    Perhaps it is not something they are able to solve because the crowd here is an existing fact.

    No, that's not true ... there is this thing called "satellite towns" ...

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... frequency increases the risk, and it will be worse than "hell hole" if there is ever a major "accident" in Beijing subway ... so, that would be a bad idea ...

    So, extending the train to add one or two more carriages is still one possibility, but they dont seem interested to spend money to modify the platforms ...

    Back in the 60 and 70, the CBD of HK was mainly TST and Central, but then they started developing "satellite towns" ... unlike Beijing which has pretty much built everything within 2nd or 3rd ring ...

    I think they are (or were) trying to "move" the population out east, by (supposedly) expanding CBD towards Tong Zhou, but most businesses are still resisting, and hence people have less or no choice ... e.g. I heard that JoyCity (east) is less packed and hence better in most ways, but I am reluctant to go that far myself ...

    Right there's no convenience here... But I love Chaoyang because it has a nice name.

    Huh? You two have chosen names already?

  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

    @Tara

    after all, it's all because the city is now way overloaded... we have at least more than 35 million people here...

    2 years ago Line 10 was quite comfortable (relatively) even at peak hours but now it is almost nothing better than Line 1.

    as you were saying, line 1 was way more comfortable 20 years ago than it is now...

    they have extended some subway lines to the suburbs where people had no access to the underground before but now are all able to get into the central subway lines

    that's because it's still under construction now... what can I say... it's the right time to complain about it

    only building the underground traffic system is not even a long-term solution to the current situation if they do not make the plan as a whole

    I think they do have a plan, just google it, u can see the map for 2030 beijing subway is hugely different,here's the map alt text

    and speaking of tokyo subway, this is what appears first in my mind, haha alt text

    We, as the major source, are paying for Beijing's pension fund that is being used to pay the old in this city and we are paying tax that is being used for Beijing's development, including the subway construction

    frankly, I really don't like it when people say that they are paying tax so they can blah blah... just want to say, who's not??? everyone's paying tax, but not everyone's an expert in everything, most of what they say is nonconstructive and useless complaints... don't take it personally, Tara, I'm just so tired of it

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    (continued) ...

    just want to say, who's not??? everyone's paying tax, but not everyone's an expert in everything, most of what they say is nonconstructive and useless complaints

    There are always exceptions ... it is more fun to hear from those who has not paid much or any tax ... they seem to be more constructive :)

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    Hahahaha ... so who among us is not paying tax?

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... heehee ... you are pulling my leg (or our legs) now, arent you? When will you start writing "we" again?

  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

    @Tara,

    First of all, I don't believe in the gov, they do con people, but at least there are things you can see that have been done correctly, nothing's ever perfect, so what I think is try not to complaint too much, give some constructive advises and do my part well.... as to the "real voice" you were talking about, I said most of them are useless complaints, but not everything, it's just the way of how people spread their "real voice" and what you think is the "real voice"....

    not sure if you have heard the Shifang incident in Sichuan, you can see that a lot of the "real voices" are being used by some malicious people, actually, there're quite a lot of examples... so as I said, give some constructive advises if you can, do your part well, try not to complain too much, and basically, that's not the real voice, it's only venting for most of the time

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... I mean you starting to represent the entire Chinese population of the country, or Beijing, or just this web site ...

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... speaking of evil twin ... where's Edward these days?

  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

    Tara,

    yea, you're right about these facts... and I never said I would defend the gov... why did u want to remind me of these...

  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

    @Isidnar

    I remember that I watched a tv show in 2009, they said there were 30 million ppl then, well, seeing that BJ is much more crowded now, my guess is it's now 35million at least, which I think is a very conservative guess... anyway, this city is way overloaded

  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

    yea, right, 20 million is the resident population, that number doesn't include some suburbs and floating population, and I'm not sure if you know the fact that ppl all around China are flooding to big cities like BJ for jobs, so, as long as it's not Chinese new year time, the number could be doubled... which is... scary

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc