Discussion » Nonsense » London Olympics moscot --- what do u think it is?

• Eric Lee
    Eric Lee wrote:
    <p>http://www.56.com/u81/v_NzA0NTA5MzQ.html/880831_xinyuecat.html</p> <p>it's so hilarious... what do u think it is ?</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

looks like a walking sina.

With that, and them fake air-dropping the Queen in obvious mockery of the lip synching in the opening ceremony four years ago, could it be that London has pulled off a shanzhai of the 2008 Olympics? Lo, the Anglo-imperialist cultural buggernaut! Wail and lament its all-assimilating fury!

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

I for one fucking HATE them (there are 2): Wenlock and Mandeville .

wiki quote:

"According to the associated (fictional) storyline, they were formed from the last girder of the Olympic Stadium. Their skins are made of highly polished steel allowing them to reflect the personalities and appearances of the people they meet. Their one eye is a camera and on their heads are yellow lights symbolizing those of a London Taxi."

There I was previously wondering if these were ACTUALLY supposed to be physical manifestations of the hideous surveillance society the British have built for themselves (i mean for their peasants) or big brother, or Orwell's 1984 - but didnt think they actually really had a balls to be so bold - BUT fuck me with a fish fork, that is exactly what they are.

For some fucked up reason, this is apparently something which should both be celebrated and lauded. Great. What are supposed to be cute and endearing mascots are in fact cold and steely physical personifications of oppression, subjugation and elitist control of the proletariat.

Ya know, at least in the olden days, talking about that shit was considered poor form, and the last thing anybody wanted to do was rub the peasants faces in it (feces) for fear that they would fucking revolt and shove their pitchforks through the eyes of the ruling class. The way it is supposed to be. How sad and pathetic that today the proles WORSHIP their overlords and in some sick way get off on the fact that they are viewed as maggots. Perhaps they are deluded enough to think that if they worship hard enough, they too will eventually be given the opportunity to "rise" to ruling status and subjugate others. Both lol and disgusting.

A mascot formed in the shape of a nondescript steel body topped off with an all seeing cyclops eye at the top... just a step away from the total information awareness act logo well, its just begging to be sniped and bombed with thermite if you ask me.

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

@Alex,

let's try not to be that serious, just have fun : )

@F.M.B

hmmm, scary

@Randisi

A giant happy steel trouser snake with one huge eye, hahaha

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

@Alex,

let's try not to be that serious, just have fun : )

It is idiots like you that allow humanity to sleepwalk into hellish oblivion and self destruction. Herp derp everything's fine, don't be so serious, nothing to see here, relax, go back to sleep.

NO

alt text

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Then everything in the UK is undercover!

So, your options were...

1) I'm depressingly ignorant

or

2) Everything in the UK is undercover

Clearly you went with the reasonable choice.

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

@ Alex

wowowooww, dude, I've got nothing to do with humanity sleepwalking into hellish oblivion and self destruction here, I'm only trying to have some fun online, while after what u've typed here, what have u changed? is humanity going to have a slight change because of ur words? I hardly think so, so why not amuse others while I can, I don't care about what u said to me or u calling me an idiot, cos u don't even know me in real life, 1 question, what do u do in real life? u might want more attention from others

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Eric, Forgive Alex, he's recently discovered The Communist Manifesto and wants to spread the word...in China...

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

@Daniel,

oh, dang, he missed it by 80 years...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

The other problem is when people invent things to rage about, and then mindless followers jump on it as the gospel truth: Alex's entire premise that the mascots represent the surveillance society of modern Britain is based purely on a camera on a mascot, as well as the tenuous conflation of the government and the people responsible for choosing the mascot.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

I've been ignoring it beyond the tennis and the football, though today I was forced to watch the 110m meter hurdles, which didn't go too well for Liu Xiang.

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

@Tara,

I think what he said is based on the premise which doesn't stand, plus, trolling is not the positive energy you were talking about, is it?

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Eric,

You have to really bear in mind that Tara's 'point of view' that she feels compelled to state is one that's located directly behind and below Alex's nether regions, and so probing too deeply into her unquestioning defenses is a bit of a waste of time. This may change once he's jilted her and the promise of visiting the US/UK has evaporated, but until then you may just wish to let it go.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Alex's entire premise that the mascots represent the surveillance society of modern Britain is based purely on a camera on a mascot

Lol-twat: go and do some reading up about these mascots. You will find that my "entire premise" is entirely correct.

Communist Manifesto

Anarchist.

is humanity going to have a slight change because of ur words?

Humanity frequently changes on the basis of words, idiots like you dont understand this and in turn you have resigned yourself to serfdom, fiefdom and servitude. Stick your head in the sand Eric, theres nothing you can do, just give up now and crack jokes on the way to the oven / delousing chamber, im sure you will make all your fellow slaves happy.

and the promise of visiting the US/UK has evaporated

Hah, thank God no one is offering a trip to Wales.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...

we should accumulate positive energy

ಠ_ರೃ, which season of Dragon Ball was it? The second one, right?

Daniel ... any chance that you are somehow related to -%5E∞?

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

@Alex

wowooww, speaking as if you were the dominator, huh? my fellow slave Alex, u r the one who's not happy, try hard to change humanity, my best wishes

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

@Eric

The macaque in your avatar has a higher intellect than you, I understand why you use this inspirational image to push you forwards.

speaking as if you were the dominator, huh?

Don't know where to begin. Firstly no. Secondly wow you're dumb.

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

@Alex

oh, and I don't like the macaque in your avatar...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

alt text

This photo from the Daily Mail was my first encounter with the London Olympic mascot, and

the mascots represent the surveillance society of modern Britain

truly was the first thought that crept into my mind, which is admittedly a little more addled by hallucinogens this summer than usual. But this really is where I was going with the idea of Britain trolling the Olympics.

...Proceed.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

truly was the first thought that crept into my mind

Lol, even t3h BW has to admit it.

I love Daniel scoffing at me - "Haha Alex thinks the mascots represent surveillance and he bases this off the fact that they look like giant sauron eye camera hybrids mouted on tripod like steel structures - har har hes so....wait...oh shit now I look like a douche..."

@Eric Lee

I think you had better let the macaque write your posts for you from now on, hes far more likely to contribute something of substance to humanity than you, clearly.

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

Alex,

haha, a monkey's telling me to shut up, so you can talk, wait... a talking money got himself a human name Alex, how lovely, u r so adorable

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Alex,

I love Daniel scoffing at me - "Haha Alex thinks the mascots represent surveillance and he bases this off the fact that they look like giant sauron eye camera hybrids mouted on tripod like steel structures - har har hes so....wait...oh shit now I look like a douche..."

Did this moment of a non-Asian, non-female person agreeing with you feel like you always thought it would?

It still doesn't alter the fact that your premise is based on a camera representing surveillance and, as you referenced Orwell, government control. What's more baffling is that you are espousing a wishfully universal interpretation of the imagery of those mascots in a thread where the main topic is 'this mascot looks like a giant penis'.

@ Wicked Witch of the East I'm not sure where I was dribbling about the UK, but I guess the reason for insulting your intelligence is an attempt to try to shock it into life. Another example of your nimble thinking: Tara never 'assumed' you lived in London, she simply instructed you to get on a train to London to see what you've been unaware of up to now.

@Tara,

I never expected someone like you to understand

I actually think most people here think in a similar way: I am definitely not the first to have noticed that whenever Alex says something stupid (so nearly every time he posts), you're there to support it. This thread is a pretty good example. This thread started off simply asking 'Do the mascots look like penises? Discuss'. Enter Mr. Born-Again-Marxist. Then, when someone takes issue with Alex's attempt to self-aggrandize by trying to be super-clever with Marxist ideology (in a thread about the penile-appearance of mascots, no less), he reacts with

It is idiots like you...[who don't give me the love and acceptance that I so desperately crave]

and then Tara, and then, you write to the recipient of the hostility

please don't mind.. what Alex says probably does not apply here in your case

Now, you may have been confused by my asking Eric to forgive Alex, but I assure you, I only ever meant it in an apologetic way, in the same way that a carer might ask forgiveness for a psychiatric patient that has stumbled into a hospital's waiting area and has started eating the chairs.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... just noticed this one ... heehee ...

A whole different level.

negative energy around

step away

Did you just pick up the "negative energy"? My guess is that you cannot resist it...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

This thread started off simply asking 'Do the mascots look like penises? Discuss'. Enter Mr. Born-Again-Marxist.

This thread had so much promise.

they look like giant sauron eye camera hybrids mouted on tripod like steel structures

More like barely larger-than-life not-on-fire cartoonish eyeballs replacing the faces of shiny bipeds. Yup. The acid has worn off now. What's ^'s excuse?

Honestly, I thought the resemblance to cameras was totally unintentional, but I don't have a clear mental image of London taxis. It was the judge's wig and angry eyebrow on a shiny space monster that had me going.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

@Daniel

Did this moment of a non-Asian, non-female person agreeing with you feel like you always thought it would?

Lol, I would ask you how it felt the first time you made love to a non-ovine mammal but know that you havn't made it that far yet. In response, it felt as good as it always does, but not as good as riling up frustrated Welshmen that long for a good nights sheep. (You might want to try going here for cuties if youre still feeling fidgety.)

Enter Mr. Born-Again-Marxist

Displays lack of knowledge.

@BW

barely larger-than-life

Next time you see something other than a giant squid with an eye the size of a basketball let me know k?

shiny bipeds

two, three, 'sall the same.

What's ^'s excuse?

Indomitable awesomeness.

Honestly, I thought the resemblance to cameras was totally unintentional

thats cuz ur dumb.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

riling up frustrated Welshmen

Finally you come across something factual! I am, in fact, from Wales. I'm not convinced I seem at all riled (rather than pleasantly aloof), but this is fine too. If you had perhaps spent less time sending meandering 'respect my privacy :,(' messages, videoing yourself attacking trees with swords and helping to keep the Beijing sexual health clinics in business, you might have found faster success, or at least found some more innovative way of trolling a Welshman's natural and, even poetic, love of sheep.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Witch, You live in the UK with its stringent laws on equality. You've just made a slur against a nation and its people. Following from your logic in the last thread, shouldn't you be locked up by now?

Do we perhaps detect a note of hypocrisy here?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Alex might surprise us by playing to aberrant ideological sensibilities, but Daniel is transparently NOT MAD. Advantage: Daniel.

sending meandering 'respect my privacy :,(' messages

DETAILS PLZ

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

videoing yourself attacking trees with swords

lol wut?

helping to keep the Beijing sexual health clinics in business

rather than your rural veterinarian of choice? usa is my checkpoint of choice because I trust the doctors there. but srsly - youve never been to the dick doc? not worried about schmallenberg? jelly I dont have to?

DETAILS PLZ

me 2 plz!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Danny Boyo you are backtracking. What happened with also your arguments about the BNP and British life!

I was pointing out an hypocrisy: I have no issues with the sheep-shagging slur. I am disappointed that the best attempts to troll me have been a cliche (Sheep-shagger), a cultural pseudo-insult (an English teacher) and something that I'm honestly not sure qualifies as being a bad thing (a spellchecker), but I'll live with the disappointment.

If you are wondering about the BNP thing, essentially what happened was that you, in your misguided desire to be British and show everyone on the forum how totally British you are (hint: being able to understand the intricacies of people's expressions in the native language would help) contradicted my assertion that Britain has a lot of overt racism, and then wildly quoted whatever it was you happened to be reading at the time when you failed to address how a country that elects an overtly racist political party to represent them in Europe can not have issues with overt racism.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

I am disappointed that the best attempts to troll me

worked.

I'll live with the disappointment.

'swhat ur mum said when ewe were born.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Daniel ... personal advice: regroup ..

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.