Discussion » Travel » Health Certificates when entering China?

• SoulCreative Web Studios
    SoulCreative Web Studios wrote:
    <p>Hey everyone,</p> <p>I recently got a Student Visa, and will be flying to China August 28th. I read somewhere that you need a health certificate to enter China. Is this true? Do you need to present it at the airport when they are looking at your Passport and stuff? I don't remember needing this last time I went to China.</p> <p>I just don't want to fly to China, and find out that they won't let me in because I don't have a health certificate.</p> <p>I do have a Physician's Report Form saying I don't have TB or HIV or anything, but that's from 2010. Can anyone give me more information on this?</p> <p>Thanks</p>
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

You don't need to bring a health certificate at all. What they will check at the airport is just your visa. Once you are here, you will go to the hospital which will deliver your health certificate. There's in only one in Beijing.

I do have a Physician's Report Form saying I don't have TB or HIV or anything, but that's from 2010. Can anyone give me more information on this?

They even won't looked at it. They'd want you to do your check up exams here in China.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

I had to get a health check for the z-visa/foreign expert's permit back when I was first coming to China (and involved a checklist that included stuff like 'Do you have the bubonic plague?)' but that was just for getting the visa/invite, but if you've already got the student visa then I guess you're fine and you'll just have to go do the local health check.

Not sure if your university will cover it...but from what I remember (which is sketchy, so don't trust this too much), the cost is around 800rmb.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.