Discussion » Beijing Life » Dude, What online resources are there to find Offi

• 威辣
    威辣 wrote:
    <p>I am getting sick of walking around beijing with an agent as he shows me a place "He knows about" only to arrive at some shitty ass run down office space. </p> <p>What I would like is an online resource that has all of the apartments available for rent in Beijing that has Office spaces available along with its daily cost per square meter and size. </p> <p>This should exist since this is how it is done in the US.</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... but, are you certain you can trust what they show on the internet?

Anyway, as a start, you can try 58.com and http://zufang.com/ ... if they dont work for you, I will see what else I can find for you ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... but you know that it's not within my scope and expertise (which is zero) ... you just asked for website, no?

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Pete, slightly off topic but have you heard of American Mcgee? http://www.spicyhorse.com/

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Sorry buy I have to echo Lee laughing at you. Finding space in Beijing is shit. Anyway, 99% of the ads are placed by agents, and I would guess it's 100% for commercial space. Just find a building you like and ask people working there who to lease from. Oh yeah, you probably have to do this legally, since the anal police will come check your business documents at some point. That means your company has to be properly registered, and I believe there are restrictions on what kind of building you can use for your office space (must be overpriced).

• Simen Wangberg

"the anal police"

:-\

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... dont know anything about the commercial side of it ... but similar to what Minger said, and just to repeat my own question:

but, are you certain you can trust what they show on the internet?

What I would suggest, is to choose one (or two) buildings that looks OK online, then go out there to actually have a look ... dont know what kind of business you are into, but factors such as convenience (for people and for goods), easy access, security, utility, are things to look out for ...

Do you homework and groundwork, try to identify a relatively trustworthy agent (rare, but they are there), and also make sure all the legal stuff are done right ...

I know ... someone will say that it is difficult to trust agents and lawyers, but, it is a risk you will always have to take, and then keep your fingers crossed ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

legitimate companies

Too lazy to "discuss" this, but make sure you are legal in China ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

There is no law in funding and helping a chinese person start their company

Somehow I dont think that you are very convincing, so, again, I would advise to be cautious ... this is China, if they think it is "right", they will "create" the laws overnight, even though it might be proven to be wrong, and have to be removed later ...

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

You're foreign, you invest, that's foreign investment and your friend's company is a foreign-invested company subject to the regulations for foreign-invested companies. Or, you make a gift to your friend, which is unrelated to your business, and any contract you sign for your friend to give you rights to something his/her company makes is void for lack of consideration. Laws are funny like that. But if you pay the right people they'll probably leave you alone.

• Grace
    Grace wrote:

i thnk you could go to an agent just do not let them to drag you around. Go to the big real estate agent and ask them make you a quotation after you told them your interested price level (say a bit higher than what you expected to rent, coz the big agent usually quote higher price, but they have good resource channel and you can always switch to smaller agent once you have a clue of which biz zone or bldg you prefer, they have good qutation as well with gragh, price comparison.....).

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.