Discussion » Nonsense » China, the teacher

• joe
    joe wrote:
    <p>Some people come on here and start a discussion about anything that is "wrong with China", seen from their particular point of view.</p> <p>To me its clear that whatever I see around me, and particularly the way I feel about what I see around me, is entirely up to me. The outside world is a reflection of the inner world.</p> <p>In this regard, China is a grand teacher. Since I came to China, I've been "able" to face certain aspects of my self which I wasn't fully aware of, but which played a major role in my day-to-day existence.</p> <p>My point is: its easy to judge, and we're all entitled to judgment. But at the end of the day, value judgment is our own, and the way we perceive our world is entirely up to our own choice.</p> <p>I love China and I thank China every day for giving me the chance to look at myself in ways that I wouldn't look at myself so easily in the west.</p>
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

These cats are really interested in the ways in which you look at yourself.

alt text

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

You're right, being intolerant of corruption, oppression, censorship and bureacracy is entirely a value judgement, insomuch as I deem those things to be bad. If only I could truly realise that all it takes is to change my values to define those things as good...

I do have issues with people that bitch and moan about most of the things here. I also have issues with apologists who deem any legitimate complaint to fall into that category of 'bitching and moaning'. It should be possible to enjoy living somewhere whilst still raising valid objections to certain things, as opposed to the love it or hate it dichotomy that often comes up.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.