Discussion » Nonsense » The rich deserve their fortune in your country?

• Tara ❀ 樱鬼
    Tara ❀ 樱鬼 wrote:

It shows the percentage of people that think the rich deserve their wealth in their countries, by a market research poll with a sample of 12,000 in 23 countries.

% of "strongly agree" and "somewhat agree".

alt text

Source: http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2012/07/daily-chart-7

Can't believe China is up there. The Indian are always famous for being nice in market research surveys though. Does it really show how people think about this issue, or does it reflect more of how much people are satisfied with their own living conditions - No. 1 Australia, perhaps because they are generally happier about their own lives. And the one at the bottom, Greece - everyone knows what's going on there.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

In terms of the credibility of this chart, its good to see the French reassuringly low on the scale...

However...I would have pegged Spain a little higher... and Britain lower.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... who conducted this surver? where and whom did they pick as sample?

My guess is that the China part of the survery was done in major ("tier one") cities, but not in rural or outback areas, also, most likely with a tiny sample of people (our in-house spammer said that China has 1.4 billion, right? so even a few million is only a small sample, and I dont think they had surveyed even one million) ...

In the case of Oz, there are only 6 major cities (sorry Darwin) and my guess is that they had not asked that many people as well in the first place, probably CBD areas, and the sample owns the average 2.3 kids and have one or two property?

In short ... I would not lose sleep over it ... next ..

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... heehee ... cant say I have heard of the name of the survery company ... and not that it really matters ...

I just noticed the mention of

a sample of 12,000 in 23 countries.

If, indeed, they surveryed 12k people in EACH of the 23 countries, the sample is still small, esp for China and India, or if we averagded this out, which makes about 500 per country, which makes even less sense ...

Anyway it's just a simple social research and the major concern about market research is always the credibility - whether or not people are telling what they really think. "We often don't mean what we say and we often don't say what we mean".

Yes, it is called "fallacy", most likely falls into the "sampling" category ...

Next ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... the word, or phrase, "different demographics" is questionable ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... if it were Aiyela who raised this thread, it would have been a easy guess :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Nobody trusts the 捅鸡局.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... or if it was Miss Tsang who raised this discussion ... then we could perhaps guess :)

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

Well oh well, first of all, I am flattered that you mentioned me in that manner, dear Sir. In our country, randomly, people who believe in goodness will eventually deserve a good life, regardless of the actual amount of cash they have. Or even if they got exploited and repressed too hard and died, it was better than soulless survival. The rich capitalists in China definitely deserve what they have earned, but that doesn't apply to officials working within "the System" , if you know what I mean.

However, as this country is of chaos and anarchy, no capitalism rules or the philosophy of materialism apply here at all. Since at every level, there are always two opposite stories over one fact, it is impossible to evaluate outcome or risks based on the algorithm of maths.

If I disappeared one day, it would certainly because I got "harmonized". But still, I have the impulsion to write the following, to give you guys a laugh of the day:

Open Ending One O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Open Ending Two O tactful, ruthless de-cyphering! O, smooth and glorious escape from the falling camp! One step back, a brighter and hopeful tomorrow at her side. It was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was over. She had won the victory over herself. Big Brother Loved Her.

• Ariel Midtun
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

@ DD

if it was Ayiela / Miss Tsang who raised this discussion ... then we could perhaps guess :)

o.0 .. Please enlighten us, or just me?

Us? You and who else hiding there behind you? ... anyway, go find a magical spell that you can switch bodies with them, and then use their IDs to ask ... what's however most interesting are:.

I'm interested in this topic and any topic related to income gap, allocation of resources and global economic circumstances.

Strange that you would be interested in something that you know to be wrong in the first place ... oh wait, sorry, yes, of course you would of course be interested in something that's totally wrong, of course indeed ...

I read this article, thought it was interesting and wanted to listen to other people's opinions.

As I said ... "it" is WRONG ... and I have always considered you to be a smart person, so my advice for you is to think very, very, very carefully the next time you run into something or someone that's obviously WRONG ...

Trying to bring some fresh stuff to the forum for those interested in the same type of things.

Ahhh ... yes, quite a few people here are interested in WRONGness ... right right ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Tsang:

implying Chinese officials != capitalists

@OP:

implying Tsang = Ayiela

I'm not at all surprised that former British colonies are clustered in the top three. We stole our prosperity fair and square from the indigenous peoples.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

that make sense, but still doesn't make the statistics right.ok?^^

I was being sarcastic. The statistics are only "right" in the ideological sense of the word.

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

Dando, May I kindly remind you, technically, the United States is a "former British colony" as well. Who isn't?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Tara, as I said, you are not them, no?

What is actually wrong is to impose what you believe is right on others, who might not believe the same.

True ... not really imposing ... so the next time I tell you ...

Oh, watch out, you are going to fall from the cliff ...

... heehee ... never mind ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Tsang,

Dando, May I kindly remind you, technically, the United States is a "former British colony" as well. Who isn't?

O RLY?

@OP,

i simply put them together in one sentence out of my manipulative deceptiveness

FTFY

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

Hahahahaha ... how did I miss that? Hahahahaha ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I said, "I'm not at all surprised that former British colonies are clustered in the top three. We stole our prosperity fair and square from the indigenous peoples."

Vivienne didn't get the sarcasm. Tsang thought I was omitting the U.S. from the top three. And now Dingdang thinks he's missing something.

You Chinese are all the same. You have no appreciation for the essential decency of the white man's culture.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.