Discussion » Employment Opportunities » Excellent teaching job position for foreign teache

• Katie
    Katie wrote:
    <p>Beijing Riverdeep International Education Technology Ltd is a Chinese-Foreign Equity Joint Venture and a leading provider of private educational services in China. The company offers a range of educational programs, products and services focused on subject-based children’s English learning. The Houghton Mifflin Harcourt joint venture in China has culminated in the successful launch of the RISE (Riverdeep Immersion Subject English) Learning Centers. The RISE product position is quite unique in the market as it is a combination of subject-based English Language learning and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s award-winning interactive curriculum-based software. This International Education Program is on the cutting edge of all English learning programs in China. Using English as the language of instruction, the program combines subject knowledge acquisition learning with opportunities for practicing core competency skills, fundamental and unique skills, which enable people to become successful competitors and leaders in the international working environment. The Riverdeep International Education Program successfully uses a variety of creative materials for both teachers and students..</p> <p>Salary and Benefits: For Full-time Teachers: 1. Monthly salary: 8000 to 15,000Rmb, depends on teachers' work experiences and qualifications 2. Air-ticket reimbursement 3. Free accommodation 4. Free Chinese classes and free tours every month</p> <p>Salary and Benefits For Part-time Teachers: 120RMB to 150RMB per hour</p> <p>Job Description: -Teaching places: Dong Da Qiao, Soho ShangDu South Tower 9th floor; via subway line 10 or line 1, Jin Tai Xi Zhao stop via line 10 or Yong An Li stop via line 1, close to Silk Market. -Teaching kids age 3-12 years old. mainly teaching subject English (Reading, Maths and Science) using smartboard. Books and necessary materials provided. -Starting as soon as possible!!!</p> <p>Application Details Please send your CV and recent photo to: ke_er871022@hotmail.com or phone: 58697486 (My name is Kitty) Our Website: http://www.risecenter.com/</p>
  • Katie
    Katie wrote:

@Jeff: Huh?

• Katie
    Katie wrote:

@Jeff: Yeah I suppose but not all foreigners here are qualified. I mean some don't have university degrees. So what do you expect?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Jeff: Yeah I suppose but not all foreigners here are qualified. I mean some don't have university degrees. So what do you expect?

I would expect that a language center would not hire unqualified teachers at all, rather than at such a low rate. Doing so is very unprofessional and will ensure that qualified teachers will never work for your company, as they do not want to be undercut by less qualified teachers.

Some of the best ESL teachers do not have university degrees, and I've met very few qualified ESL teachers with a university degree that is actually relevant to what they do (such as an education degree or ESL degree). And anyone who DOES have a degree probably remembers, less than fondly, the brutal sodomy they received at the bookstore for overpriced textbooks required for their university classes, published by those bastards at Houghton Mifflin. But, hey, I'll bet the presence of a foreign publisher in means someone's already done all my lesson plans for me. Woo hoo! Maybe I can show up baked.

BTW, I'm willing to bet the qualifications you are vaguely alluding to have far more to do with skin color and nationality than educational achievements.

• Katie
    Katie wrote:

If you think our school hire foreign teachers depends on race/skin color, then you are the racist one! All the foreign teachers right now who are teaching for us now are highly educated and qualified. And they are from different countries/different races. They teach because they enjoy the experiences and they love working with kids.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

NO U

Jeff said your rates are low. Your excuse was that not everyone is qualified, implying that you're paying the nominal rates to the unqualified teachers and optimal rates to the qualified ones. Now you're saying all your teachers are qualified. Either you were bullshitting Jeff, or my comment about race and nationality being qualifiers were not off-target.

Observing the widespread racial prejudice and superficiality in the Chinese ESL industry and alluding to my acknowledgement of such unfortunate facts does not make me racist, but quite the opposite, as such was a profound discouragement to my participation in the industry.

You just missed your "But we have black teachers!" opportunity. Tsk tsk.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

'You said A. Then you said B. Either A is not true, or C is accurate.'

In Kitty's place, one might also wonder if you had any studies or statistics to reinforce your claims of the widespread racial prejudice and superficiality, because we wouldn't want to be an armchair sociologist about this kind of thing, right? Or were you perhaps 'observing' something in a way that looks suspiciously like 'commenting based on subjective experience' to everyone else?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

implying it ain't

@Daniel, ohnoyoudidnt.gif

• Katie
    Katie wrote:

Look, this is not my company okay? I'm just passing the MSGs here for the headmaster. If you don't like the facts here, just leave it alone. Job is job, foreigners earn much more than Chinese teachers, so be happy with what schools give to you. Otherwise, get a decent job back in your country.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Kitty,

Congratulations, you've just alienated all of your audience.

• Reply from A豆腐 is flagged as not relevant.

• Reply from 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) is flagged as not relevant.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

We are meant to believe that Pete is a decent foreigner just because he isn't an English teacher.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.