Discussion » Nonsense » news just in: I'm really schizophrenic

• Tom Cruise
    Tom Cruise wrote:
    <p>yes... It is a very interesting situation to face-- to live up to the fact that you have a mild-to-moderate case of schizophrenia.</p> <p>I am still functional. Mostly. My social life suffers the most-- but I don't much care for it anyways.</p> <p>Since about 18 I had been developing a kind of paranoia, wherein I feel like I can hear what other people are thinking. (You know how you 'hear' yourself thinking? Just simply imagine as if you heard other people thinking the same way.) It has been getting slightly worse as I age.</p> <p>It is totally random, and only one-liners. It could be about anything, but is 90% about me. I get it alot from perfect strangers, like when I am walking down the street.. I get alot of 'lets hump', or 'looks like you got it all out' when referring to my acne scars, or 'you're moving up', or 'we're taking over your country'... etc etc etc. It can be good, it can be bad, it can be totally miscellanious.</p> <p>But it gets really bad with my girlfriends. For example, Tingru. I get obsessive.. and alot of times when I can't stop thinking about her, then it is as if I try to hear what she is thinking... and I create these elaborate episodes in my head about what she is doing, and how she feels about me... and it all seems so real, and I really believe it. ..................sometimes, as I think about her, I even act out a few of her mannerisms...............</p> <p>....Have you ever seen the Alfred Hitchcock movie 'Psycho'? ....when the psycho is living out his mother in his mind? ....That is actually what I have ... Just a much more mild form of it.</p> <p>I decided not to take medication for it.. Instead there is a sort of revolutionary therapy for mild-to-moderate shizophrenic paranoids-- it is simply studying alot of formal logic, and then applying the principles of logic to your daily situations as they arise. It is an attempt to use higher reasoning to overcome your delusions and keep you grounded in reality.</p> <p>Actively practicing logic will probably make me more sane than most =p</p>
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

This is actually a legitimate post, huh? And here I thought you were a genius troll.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Just dont indulge the fantasy too much. Remember that indulging the thought process in your head is a form of ego tripping that doesnt achieve anything. I am a proponent of rigorous application of logic, it works, g'luck!

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

The line that separates madness and genius really is thin.

Sadly, they are separated by consensus rather than fact.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

he is simply being zhuang B again

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

where did the David Findley is a Dick group go??? i want to be the admin of it

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.