Discussion » Nonsense » do you smoke?

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:
  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

it's only a habit,but not really good for the smokers and others health...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

but some smokers died very soon because of quitting smoking...was what some people told me this

• hjing
    hjing wrote:

no~~~i hate smoking!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... arent we in China?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The character 麻 is a pictogram of hemp buds drying in a box. Cannabis is one of the 50 fundamental herbs of Chinese traditional medicine.

Tobacco is product of corrupt Western imperialism.

HEY HEY[br] HEY HEY[br] bong产党万岁

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... and here's Joanne's cat ...

alt text

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

what is not bad for health?...

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

i quit and i smoked 2 packs a day for ten years straight. that was over 3 years ago.

now i am athletic again, the way i used to before i smoked. i am glad i made that choice.

here is a guide how to quit. nicotine is a powerful drug that even alters the dna sequencer in your brain slightly. your brain will never forget. never. the drug signals the feeling of happines inside your brain which triggers the dopamin receptor. you feel relieved after smoking. however this is barely an illusion, a trick induced by the drug itself. now how do you go against it?

only answer is a hard nosed cold turkey. as i did. the physical dependency lasts for exactly 72 hours. in these 72 its crucial to resist the urge to smoke at all cost...its the hardest period. for some there are no side symptoms for others, unlucky individuals like me i suffered from headaches, cramps and minor hallucinations. after the first 72 hours your blood is litterally nicotine free. you are clean.

the hardest part comes now, you must be strong for that. you must stop being mentally receptive to smoking. you must stop thinking about smoking. the way you do this is to relearn every pattern you once had that triggered a crave and relive that moment without smoking. your brain will override the old habit pretty quick but its takes weeks to relearn everything without having a cigarette in your mouth. what do i mean by that for example moments like after a nice meal, drinking with friends, at a bus station alone, after sex, after playing a computer game or watching an exciting movie.

the key is to relive all these situations and trust me, your brain will punish you, it will demand cigarettes and play nasty tricks on you, sometimes it will even try to trap you but you must be strong.

the way i did was this, after the first 72 hours i went to a pub with my friends. a smokers pub, where everybody, including my buddies smoked. they blew their shit in my face, teased me and wanted me to take one. i didnt budge. its a mental excersise. do it often, practice and you will forget about smoking.

everytime i had a crave i bit my hand so hard that sometimes blood would flow. pain receptors are so much stronger than urges for cigarrettes that my brain started being afraid of any memory of smoking, simply because i would induce pain and thus torturing my mind. this is a crazy technique but it works...also for other addictions. not recommened for people with a low threshold.

you can do sports to clean your system even quicker however this is not a really good technique because if you are unable to do sports at a specific day, you will eventually think about cigarettes again, simply because you exchanged sports for cigarettes.

i have to tell you this state of controlling your own mind, this constant struggle against this additction will lasts up to 6 weeks.

after this period you will be free.

THE BIGGEST SECRET to the success of quitting smoking is like my mentor joel spitzer said...never take another puff.

i mean it man, NEVER touch a cigarette again. if you do, you go back to your addiction in a matter of a day. the brain never forgets the nicotine, you will die a smoker my friend, as do i. i am a dormant smoker, as soon as i touch another cigarette again i will be back on the coal train. NEVER let this happen. I dont have any cravings anymore. SOMETIMES, very rarely, once every blue moon sits a little devil on my shoulder, every now and then and says, hey dom, dont you want one, a nice lucky strike?

i say no everytime...i have been clean for 3 years 3 months 12 days. i feel great and i am not afraid to smoke again. i know i wont because, i dont want to lose against myself.

it also helped me to push my self esteem to new heights, after quitting smoking i started working out and lost 30 kgs in 4 months. i look great and get alot of attention wherever i go. i am not a body builder as mirin but i am damn proud of myself for what i have accomplished.

you can do it too man, i can help you if you need it.

you can smoke weed if you want too but remember, no nicotine.

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

Wait Q. Dont mislead people here.

The absolute worst thing you can do is replace smoking with another crave, be it sports, eating, masturbation or whatever. dont cure addiction with another addiction.

You didnt read carefully. what you need to do is to relive your life, without cigarettes. The exact same moments, the exact same things you do in your everyday life. relive them again.

A moment of cigarette craving lasts approximately 3 minutes. the brain shuts off the signal after that. 3 minutes and thats it. these intervalls repeat themselves very often in the first few weeks and gradually dissappear. they catch you off guard but you just need to power through 3 minutes a few times a day, just like brushing teeth. instead of following any compulsion just do what you normally would do.

you problem is or was Q that you replace your addiction and thus you start missing cigarettes since your other hobbies are not a good replacements :)

If you follow my way you will NEVER consider smoking again.

addiction is a science in itself, its about compulsion, psychologically, biologically and it involves alot of chemical reactions. Did you know that there over 4000 different chemicals in just one single puff from a cigarette? the nicotine makes you addicted to it while the other stuff in it makes sure you die even quicker...

trust me man, i am an expert when it comes to addictions, i beat them all. i dont need a phd to prove it. i understand it perfectly fine. i know this sounds very arrogant but like you said Q you dont want to hear this shit from someone who never smoked...well actually my mentor joel spitzer, a great man who helped thousands of americans to quit smoking without charging a single penny for it, never touched a cigarette in his life. HE STUDIED medicine and psychology.

i threw my pack away that day when i made that decision, why keep it when i never touch it again? i sure as shit i am not gonna offer cigarettes to my friends, i dont discourage them from smoking, in fact i find women that smoke super hot but thats more from an aesthetical standpoint of view. that has nothing to do with smoking directly. ,

i can remember when i quit, it was clear as day, i went through a bad break up with my ex, i laid in bed with her after she already hated me for a while...i was lying there and thinking to myself 3 o clock in the morning, why am i killing myself with these fucking cigarettes, its not like my life is getting any better with it...i cant breathe properly, i cant fuck properly, i cant run anymore...why, why do i do this.

the next morning i went jogging and almost had a heart attack. the whole day i was sweating bullets...in the middle of winter, i wanted to smoke so bad,. i was depressed, angry, the whole world was falling apart around me. nothing mattered but...i said, there is hope. i changed my life and smoking was just the beginning. i worked out not because i quit smoking but for my self worth to be the man i had neglected for ten years the man that people admired and respected....thats a whole another ball game.

its called beating a depression. AND THAT my friends is even harder than cigarrettes.

sorry for the rambling and chest pumping but i achieved this without having any support, from anyone. EVERYBODY CAN QUIT SMOKING, YOU CAN TOO and so much more. we humans are extremely powerful beings...put your mind to a task and become a better person.

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

here this is my man joel...he is the master, the magnus opus on smoking cessesation.

i am proud to be of the 10 percent that made it, however dont let this number discourage you. everybody can quit.

• Simen Wangberg

This thread makes me feel like a piece of shit but I'm going to chime in anyway. I'm in the midst of attempting to quit - been trying the patches on and off. It is fucking hard. I've cheated. But I've cut my smoking way way down and I think I can quit completely - no patches or anything - if I just RRRRAAAAHHHHHH

• Reply from Dominik is flagged as not relevant.

• Simen Wangberg

I stopped using the patches earlier this week. I'm just cold turkey from here on out. RRRRRAAAAAGGGHHHHH DO IT

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

continue. 6 weeks and you are completely free

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

This is going to sound juvenile (as I usually do).

I smoke a lot, but am one of those annoying people who can just decide to stop smoking whenever they forget to want. I sometimes do for a week or so, though it is more like I just forget to smoke...

But the point Is I like smoking, it passes the time, and makes me look cool.

The main thing people seem to have against it, is that 'it is bad for your health,' But I don't give too much of a toss about my health, so what the fuck... I like smoking!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.