Discussion » Beijing Life » Apartment recommendations?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    <p>Me and my 3 flatmates are looking for a new place to live, and it's always a pain in the butt to find a good apartment, so we're asking for your help :-) Tell us about nice areas, good agencies, communities you can recommend etc.</p> <p><strong>The requirements are:</strong></p> <p>One 4 bedroom apt or 3 + 2 bedroom apts Total price of 10-15 000 rmb Nice standard Convenient location Not too far from subway. </p> <p>Reply here or on PM :-) Thanks in advance!</p>
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

A 派公寓 about 5 minutes walk from 双井 is pretty nice and within your budget, as is 时超国贸, which is between 国贸 and 双井。 富力城 at 双井 subway is quite nice, but it might be over your budget these days. I mainly know things around that area; don't know if it's convenient for you. Of course, you never want to deal with an agent, but people who've gone through the agent just southwest of the west entrance to a派公寓 have been pretty happy with them.

• EMILIA
    EMILIA wrote:

Try 北京INN in Chao yang men area, close to subway, shopping mall, several supermarket etc. Anyway, good luck.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

@Minger: I'll check it out. I think one of the locations is a bit too far south though, it'll get a very long travel route for some of us:-)

@Peter: Doubt that, there's not many 4-bedrooms around and a 4br in duplex sounds even more hard to find.. but it'd be cool to get separate floors for bedrooms / office.

@Ryan: Nice :-)

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Not bad :-) Dongzhimen is great location-wise. Did you just go to random agent offices or did you use one particular?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Call all the numbers that say they're not agents. Tell them that you want to rent out your apartment and ask if they can help you. When they say yes, block their numbers and repeat until you find a landlord. Rent from the landlord.

• Simen Wangberg

"Call all the numbers that say they're not agents. Tell them that you want to rent out your apartment and ask if they can help you. When they say yes, block their numbers and repeat until you find a landlord. Rent from the landlord."

That...that is brilliant. Jesus. Why didn't I think of that? Incredible. I will try this if/when I need to do so.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Jeff Dahmer: They do exist, maybe it's just you ;-)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.