Discussion » Travel » Going To China - Could my Visa be Denied?

• SoulCreative Web Studios
    SoulCreative Web Studios wrote:

Hey everyone,

So, about a year or two ago, I was in Changsha China in the Hunan province. I was living with a host family who I didn't really like. They gave me 600rmb per month, and a cell phone to use, in exchange I would teach their kid 1 hour a day, and live their for free.

One day, I left. This was maybe the 3rd of the month, so I had just recieved 600rmb, and when I left, I took the cell phone with me since I obviously need a cell phone.

From what I was told, they reported me for stealing the cell phone, and 600 rmb. I went to Beijing, and basicly told them I went back to USA becasue I didn't want to deal with them. After staying in Beijing for 3 months, I flew back home to USA.

Now, I will be going to college at a University in China, and I'm applying for a Student Visa.

I'm wonder, what are the chances that my visa might be denied as a result of this?

P.S. Please don't think I'm a horrible person for stealing a cell phone and 600rmb. I am paying my way for 4 years of college in China, "About 40,000 dollars", and I'm not so low that I would STEAL intentionally. This family was very rich, and I wasn't really thinking too much when I left. I wasn't even aware that I had fucked up in this way until a week or two after I left.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... but this is China ... the authority loves turning petty cases into "nationwide hero worship" thing ... to cover up all the REALLY bad cases ...

My guess is ... if anyone involved in your visa process knows about what happened then, there is a possibility that your visa might be affected ... but, with such huge population, you would have to be very very unlucky ...

• Reply from №❶ Passioη is flagged as not relevant.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

As far as I'm aware, it's not actually possible to report a value so low for a criminal case. A connection between the police and the visa authority would amaze me, especially when it's the police of another province. The bigger issue is why you would be paying 40,000 dollars for a Chinese education. Do you mean 40,000 RMB? Schools here cost about 2,000 RMB per year. Even foreigner programs don't ask for more than a couple thousand as I recall.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

No matter what happened, taking something which was not given to u without permission means stealing and lack of integrity. As for the visa, I don't see anything happening to u once u come bk. If u got fear,u better change a passport.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.