Discussion » Dating & Romance » "don't marry a foreign man"

• joe
    joe wrote:

the original train of thought (OP's) regarding topic intrigues me..

as far as i know, "marriage" can be, or is, the logical result of two people (male and female, male and male, female and female) being best best best best best friends.. having lived together for long enough time to be able to know in their heart that they won't leave each other.. even though the possibility for such can always be there, since we're all born as free individuals..

as far as i know, "marriage" is more of a (legal) contract between two agreeing parties, than anything else.. because, why would you need to "get married" when you're a couple, living together for ages, knowing one another inside and out.. what's the additional value of marriage? i think there is none.. except perhaps the romance factor involved in planning the wedding day, choosing clothes, inviting loved ones to the occasion, and uttering the words "yes, i do" ~ sure, i can see the romance in that and for that reason it'd be nice to go through the whole ceremony.. but in fact, it is not a necessary thing..

unless i am wrong, because what i see around me is this: people living together for usually around one decade.. then getting married and POOF less than 9 months later a BABY arrives ~ gasp! so i guess that for "stability", bla bla bla, marriage would be a good thing.. even though i know plenty of couples who have thrown one or more baby into this world without being married..

another reason to get married can be.. to stabilize certain financial benefits; for example, in some (EU) countries it's easier to receive certain benefits when your social status reads "married". sure, good reasons to be found. but do couples who love each other, need to get married? isn't it slowly becoming a silly thing of an out-dated traditional past?

or is it the undying romantic thing to do? i think it might be a mix of both.. but ultimately, it is highly personal.

anyway.. back to OP's topic now.. "don't marry a foreign man"~ i want to say this:

HEY! if you love your man, your boy, your whatever-you-want-to-call-him, then does it matter whether he is a "foreigner"? i don't think so.

have a fond good day, children of the night!

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

To find someone who eager to get a legal contract are rare.. Unless people jump into marriage too soon, then it shouldn't be a issue.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... can I write (or rather, paste) Chinese text in this thread?

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Oh I see! Don't marry a foreign man, marry a local man.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Rodents are adorable!alt text

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee ...

dont marry a foreign man in China

Does it help if I mention that we did not marry in China?

alt text

• Simen Wangberg

Don't eat foreign bran. You will be excessively regular.

• Sonja Lund
  • Saint - Spartacus

L. V. , eh , just think about formalist , materialist, utopianist, ideaist, conformist, romanist , 。。。。

• Saint - Spartacus

ah , i would like to married a super star , coz i'll so proud if he can flirt more than 1000 girls and more than 2000 guy , what a proud !

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

I'm not accepted by foreign men. I refuse to push when they shove.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.