Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Euro Cup 2012

• Qwertryt
    Qwertryt wrote:
    <p>Where do you go to watch the Euro Cup? Which team do you support? I went to tube station to see the first day matches of group A, it's quite nice in there, during the euro cup they serve local draft and carlsberg, after midnight no pizza anymore, but snacks and 10元 shish-kebabs which are very nice! Sitting outside in the yard in front of the 120 inches screen with the projector.</p>
  • Solveig Smørdal Botn

欧洲杯终于开始了 国安队要加油啊~~~

• G
    G wrote:

Spain!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I'd put m y money in Italia

• G
    G wrote:

France!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Many people think statistics win matches, which is totally wrong. Wrong in a way that Chelsea was crown European champion while they had only about 20% ball possession.Barca got only one system and that is Ticky Tacka and when they met a team that uses another style, they are finished.

Italy is a team that can go all the way to the final.I see them well off in different department.But for sure this time, big teams will struggle

• Lars Magnus Langholm

England !

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

England got to try harder

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Česko played pretty smart last night...

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

.... ^facepalm......

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Yes, Qwertrt.. I saw the reply this morning, it is pretty amazing ...

I've never a big fan of football, but it is so excited to watch it every time.....

Most of girls are more into players rather than sport itself... ;p

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

football is so god damned boring except for the quarterfinals and onwards of an international tournament (the world cup). everything else is a waste of humanity's attention.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Alex, so your point is: The whole world is stupid

Nope, just that football is mostly a waste of humanity's attention.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

@Bellah - at least my text is coherent.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

lol...perhaps you are getting better. we shall see....

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

since we didn't have much of video games like nowadays.

this last comment gives me hope that football will die out in 50 years...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Netherland in trouble, Italy can go through

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

What Russians are doing over there is ruining the party.I hope they go back to Moscow and show the same resilience toward Putin.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Qwertryt one last chance for them is to beat Portugal and hope that Denmark won't score any goals against Germans.

U r right, but I don't think Ronaldo gonna flop again in that game. Portugal is playing very well. They just were too over confident as some of their players predicted the final will be between Them and Spain. I afraid we shall see them on the exit door very soon

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I like reconstructing the games using chess pieces...

• G
    G wrote:

Spain!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@☪ I.N. ☪ , I'm gonna be following that news closely:) England survived scare!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Italy will sneak through

• Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:

DEUTSCHLAND!!!

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

@ Qwertryt, what u know about Ukraine team to judge?

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

thanks :) but we are out thanks to the refs fixing the game, the goal that was not counted could have encouraged the whole team to fight even stronger and try to qualify for the quarters :)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Lana Montana
    thanks :) but we are out thanks to the refs fixing the game,

Hmm, there was no match fixing, it's just luck was not on ur side. Though there are many refs, but they give a decision when they are 100% sure. In this particular case, the refs were not sure...remember England went into the same situation in the last WC? This why technology needs to be implemented.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

yes, i agree about the technology, but we all know that it would never be implemented, because ppl won't be able to earn money by fixing matches that's what we have seen in the game ukraine vs england, here i should disagree:

a) there was a clear goal and there are 5 refs now in the field, what is the point to have them there then if they can't see the goal;

b) since when is it allowed to play with your hands in football? cause that's what england did and ukraine was not given any penalties for that;

and c) england showed a ridiculous game, recently they have been playing really bad. so to sum it up, yes, a bit of luck (here i must admit our defender did a mistake and Rooney was lucky to be in the right place in the right moment since he is the main striker), a bit of tricks, stupid blind refs and you are qualified for the next stage - sorry but this is not professional football, but the show!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Lana, but we all know that it would never be implemented, because ppl won't be able to earn money by fixing matches that's what we have seen in the game ukraine vs england, here i should disagree:

I believe that the technology is much needed now as there are voices here and there calling for it to be implemented. It's a must.

As for ur a point.We've got to admit that made mistakes, it's part of our human nature, it was a difficult decision to call. Your coach said the ball crossed 50 cm off the line, it's hard sometime to see that, but for sure, the refs are to be blamed.

But my dear, do you think if Ukraine shot the ball and the ball touched to net the ref would refused to award a goal? Luck works in game and it went on England side this time. Just simple as that. Nothing about match fixing.

Many people keep on criticizing English team, the last game was a classic one

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

@ High Priest of course changes needed, but there are the people who get the profit from that, and those people are the decision makers, so do you really think they would really bite the hands that feed them? hehe, i really don't think so :))

and as for your question - But my dear, do you think if Ukraine shot the ball and the ball touched to net the ref would refused to award a goal? - do I have to give you examples from such situations? the ball was over the line and that is enough to be a goal, that's all that is needed to say, as for the classic game by english. As for the "classic game" have to disagree, even most of my english friends are very disappointed by the quality of football your national team plays, moreover, we have played england 4 times since 2000, and england won 3 times until the game for previous WC qualification when Ukraine won, so i believe we had good chances.

@ Nathan :)))) i am afraid you just need a pair of glasses, or maybe just watch the replay?? :))))

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

very curious to see what will happen between Germany and Greece! Probably no more sponsorship if the Greeks get to win..

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

@Qwertryt - lol, well, then if you are familiar, you should know then that D group was the worst group for Ukraine, as such teams as France and England are not our level that's for sure, no matter how I might like my national team, I would never say we were good enough to get through, but still we managed to even win one game and and it was a defo draw with England, so I am quite happy about that as it could have been worse.

Thanks fr the article sharing, that just proves that the game has been fixed in advance, bloody idiots! and what did he mean by "But he said he was sure they would bounce back."?? completely out of his mind :)

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

@Qwertryt: Obviously I was just kidding, of course they wouldn't be out of EU (more precisely EURO zone), or at least not yet. Afer all Germany is also the one to be hurt if the Greeks go burst. But on the other hand, it's also funny to see how the Germans get annoyed by a defeat from Greece:-D. Well, let's hope you are not German, lol..

@Lana Montana: Ukraine have some good players, they did well in both of the first halves in the last two games. If they played faster in the second half against England, the result might have been much different.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

@Schokoschoko: thanks, i know we did well, and it would be fun to give england or france the budget that we have for our national team and let them train their players on the highest level and build up the good team for that money, and after this i would like to hear what they have to say :) i guess it would be fair :) until then i would really appreciate if people showed more respect to the hosting countries of Euro 2012 and be thankful to the "Lady Luck" for going through :)))

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

@Lana Montana: What your team has done in the Euro 2012 has won great respect from a lot of people. But about money and faireness, money does not necessarily guarantee a good team (look at Holland) and the sport of football is anything but symbol of fairness. I agree with with what High Priest said above, you do need luck in the football game to get through.

Luck works in game and it went on England side this time.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

of course i didn't mean that money is the most important thing in football, but it is a very important factor, we can't compare the countries that start the training for the national teams when the kids are 5 or 6 + the coaches are the best ones to that what we have in Ukraine, so this it is worthless to say :))

i am quite surprised by Holland this time, i expected better game from them if i am honest :) i honestly supported them in the previous WC final against Spain :) I expect Germany will win this Euro cup :)

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

Even we Germans can distinguish between sport and politics, can you imagine?! ;-)

@Michael: Sure, sure! Es geht um die Euro und nicht um den Euro.:-D Haha, wonder whether Merkel will meet the new Greek president in the stadium, and if so whether they will only talk about the game:-)))

But Greece is a relatively easier opponent at this stage, I don't actually think Germany will have problem to go through.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

Michael, was that kind of an irony or i just didn't get it? how's that related to football anyway?

oh, Mooney is back :))))) long time :))) watching the cup? or just chilling?

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

:))) we are going out to watch Spain vs France tomorrow, let me know if you are around WU ;)

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

@Michael, just wondering whether she'll also be visiting the semifinal, or whehter Gauck will go instead...Deutschland played a good game, except Boateng, seemed he almost fell asleep during the game

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

Michael: isn't it quite a nonsense now? when refs are "helping" more mighty teams in the game? which just proves what i have said before...and yes, i don't know about sanlitun, but f you are around Wu - they have a big screen in La bamba and big tellies in club WU, for the rest of the places i am not sure, cause those that's the ones I have been too for watching the games :)

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

:)))

i am sure there are the places that show the games in Sanlitun as well, previous WC we watched outside of the Red Club, they had a big screen there and tables were just outside :)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Just read a piece of news that one Chinese guy died as he was decided to watch all the games from the first to the end of the tournament. But since he had to wake up early in the morning and go to work, he died from exhaustion. Too bad.

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

Too bad... should that be counted as Karōshi as well?!! I've got the feeling, some Chinese football fans get even more excited about this tournament, which basically has nothing to do with the Asian continent..

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

France defense flopped

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

One of the most boring games so far. Spain dominated from the beginning to tbe end. Benzema and Ribery misunderstood each other and couldn't combine well. France defense was terrible. They gave Spain an easy ride. So far the only team to stop Spain is Italy.

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

What a pity England, the luck did not stay till the end...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Their players were too surprised that they were finally allowed to touch the ball.

I had thought that the England team would have practiced for penalties though. This result makes it something like 7 penalty shoot-outs in international tournaments, and they've now lost 6.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

hahha, yeah, Schokoschoko, finally justice won!! I am very pleased :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Rooney can't bring anything good for his national team.

Again, Italy showed his class! I still think it's a team to beat

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

Lana Montana, from the result speaking, Italy deserved the win. The semifinal will be tough for the Germans. I guess no Germans would prefer meeting the Italians next round.

Felt a bit sorry for Ashley Cole..guess he didn't dare to take the risk to shoot the penalty a bit higher after what has happened to Ashley Young..It would have been different, if he could repeat what he has done in the penalty shooting against Bayern München in the European Champion League final....Buffon is so tough.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

both semi-finals are going to be tough :))) i hope to see Spain vs Germany in the final though :)))

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

i disagree...there can be only one.

we messed up world cup so its time we get the euro cup.

deutschland, deutschland ueber alles.

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

I would really love to see another penalty battle between the two world-class goalies!! Manuel Neuer vs. Gianluigi Buffon

Neuer had too little to do until now in the tournament, lol!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Hart would sit and remember his noodle legs throughout his whole life. Pirlo was just too good that England couldn't hold the midfield.

Italy r mature and can upset anyone. Watch out.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

right, Germany was always somewhere close to getting the cup, but never really got it, so it is time to finally do it!!!

• Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:

alt text

repeat after me: DEUTSCHLAND!!!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I know none of these five guys. but most of you probably do ...

alt text

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Germany know how sharp Italia can be. They can't forget what happened in 2006 yet. There won't be miss opportunities by Marrio any more. And Germany have never beaten Italy in competitive game,it's gonna be a tight match, but I still believe Italy will prevail

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

Meine Jungs werden das heute Nacht schon schaffen...

We will smash Italy(We have to)

• Wang Yi Xi
    Wang Yi Xi wrote:

Hey, I was wondering is there anyone out for watching the match tonight? Count me in.

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

i long to see another penalty shoot at the end!!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@The Psychic^^Bella

Im wondering now if I can call myself The Psychicnow...LOL...

No get Nostradamus' name.

Dutchlanders know better than anyone else, they've never beat Italia in competitive games.Italy sure will overcome. U just wait and ready to wipe ur tears.

Forza nationale!:)

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

Ich schliesse mich Michael an.

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

brauch nicht mehr zu kommen. das spiel ist leider schon gelaufen....

echt wieder mal voll rein geschissen.

to say it like harvey pekar: "now here is a reliable dissapointment."

germany you have forsaken me....

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

There are many sciences in this world, but the most unmistakable ones foe me are logic and history. It's just history repesting itself. U guys gonna eat your words. Still, Beware of Balloteli. Not forsaken yet.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Balloteli rocks!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Am sorry for tbr Germs! Balloteli is really a bad boy! I warned u before!

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

Italien hat besser gespielt, der Fehler von Badstuber war total dumm.

had higher expectation on Germany, but the first half was a disaster. Hopefully Spain can play more active in the final!!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Ha ha ha,Germs are stunned by the bad boy. Germany used to start very well, but the end up with disappointing people's hope. This is how it used to be. Italy are improving and what they do is to impose their speed to the game, they can slow the game and scrap the opponent team tactics. This is will be the same, Spain will be having hard time to impose their ticky-tacka style.

@Magdalena, things just worked well on my prediction based on the previous statistics. Still, am putting my money on Italia against Spain:)

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

the only thing that was hillarious about the whole game was when ballotelli made the first goal and

i said to my german buddies...

hey! look! hordak made a goal!!!

everybody was laughing because ballotelli with this weird white mohawk reminded me of hordak from masters of the universe.

he is a great striker though. great goals...and a foe to skeletor!

alt text

• Dominik
    Dominik wrote:

well if we talk about hockey...it would be a completely different story.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Stay cool people, I told u already, but u didn't want to listen to me. For sure Germs might get a consolation against Portugal. But, the only problem with Germany is that they don't have a good defense, how can you win something when some departments are too weak? The defenders couldn't handle Mario.

Portugal got a very good defenders and I won't be astonished to see Ronaldo smashing Germs again:)

Forza Azzuri!

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

Germany :'(

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Shcimck Birtch zu kommech munich dortmun bayer detch dortmund:)

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

Last match today!

Italy has become pretty strong after the group matches..but still hope to see Spain bring more energy on the pitch and get through!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Michael

I dont know, whether I can motivate myself to watch this match in Sanlitun again... However, I also hope that spain will make it. :o)

Since the history of football, no team have won back to back the Euro and the World Cup.Therefore, Spain have a mountain to climb to make this happen. But, am still pretty sure, Italia will humble Spain. It's the only team that can scramble their ticki-tacka tactics.

And don't forget Super Mario!

Forza Azzuri!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

According to the Psychic Chicken prediction in Kiev, it's Italy that's gonna win it!

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Blockquote Since the history of football, no team have won back to back the Euro and the World Cup

West Germany 1972 (Euro) and 1974 (World Cup).

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Spain boring.....

"tiki-taka" style is boring, lack of excitement and goals

Sure!!! XD

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

West Germany 1972 (Euro) and 1974 (World Cup).

@Daniel, u r write, I should have said that a defending team never won back to back. Spain have broke that record. They won Euro last season and this season.

Spain were too good. Congratulation!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

Spain has finally shown what I've known about them. The team was simply too strong and released their energy last night, no chance for Italy. Their great technik enabled them to play two different styles by using almost the same squad. Now all those who've critized them for playing it dull can shut up.

So happy to see the team I've supported all these years made it again!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Schokoshocko, remember that Italy was forced to play half an hour one man down as they used all the substitutes after Thiago Motta got hamstring.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

remember that Italy was forced to play half an hour one man down as they used all the substitutes after Thiago Motta got hamstring.

The luck is a capricious lady, huh? Sometimes she smiles at you and some minutes later the message is clear: fuck off!

alt text

alt text

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Bellah didn´t watch the first Spain vs Italy in this Eurocup

• Schokoschoko
    Schokoschoko wrote:

@Schokoshocko, remember that Italy was forced to play half an hour one man down as they used all the substitutes after Thiago Motta got hamstring.

@High Priest, sure I know they were not easy. And honestly speaking, Italy has played a good and relatively fair tournament this time.

Back to the game last night, after the second goal Italy did not have any chance already. Even if they could play with whole 11 on the pitch till the end, the title would still belong to Spain, probably the result wouldn't be 4:0 but 3:0 (and don't forget that handball in front of the Spanish goal). Spain has played much faster and more actively forward than the previous games, though the ball possession was not as high as before, they were much much more efficient and the passes were always so accurate. Italy obviously could not catch up with the tempo from the beginning on. The whole Spanish team played almost at a mistake-free level, look at Xavi, even when he was surrounded by 4,5 Italian players, he could still manage to keep the ball at his feet, and every time when Spain lost the ball, the players immediately ran back and tried to interrupt Italian's pace, surely Italy could not find any real chance to do counter-strike. The balance has leaned over to Spain very early in the first half already.

It is a bitter result for Italy last night, they have my respect. But Spain highly deserves the applause.

• Lana Montana
    Lana Montana wrote:

yes, looks like that :)) was a disastrous match for Italy

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.