Discussion » Nonsense » gui

• joe
    joe wrote:
    <p>I'd like to discuss the popular topic of ghosts.</p> <p>Can you see them?</p> <p>Are you afraid of them?</p> <p>Do you know why they are here?</p>
  • Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:

I think it is just something in ur mind. Some of my friends say they can see them.

• Jay
    Jay wrote:

I am a scientist , i believe in String theory ,atomic theory , corpuscular theory but I dont believe in ghosts cos theres no evidence ,theoretical or empirical that leads me to believe in the existence of such super-human entities.

• Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:

ghosts (even only in our imagination) make our life more interesting, haha

• Fabian Kollen
    Fabian Kollen wrote:

Joep is a gui ;)O))

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

I don't believe in ghosts, but other people swear to me that my ancestral home (built in the time of George III) in England is haunted.

Most of these people are at least 20 years older than me and connected with the family in some way other than blood (close family friends). Several of my family members also believe the house to be haunted though... (lol, not making this up).

At least 5 others, unrelated to the family and not considered "friends" claim to have experienced paranormal activity, 3 of them were tradesmen/workers, 2 were full time staff - they all did this (complained of ghosts) without prompting or being "primed" with ghost stories or creepy music.

2 of them ran screaming from the house, never to return. (these two incidents were 10 years apart)

• nobody
    nobody wrote:

sometimes you must believe in it when something really happened in front of you

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

I can't see them, I am not afraid of them (warm-blooded human is more scary). I don't think there is any on Earth. If any ghost seeing this arrogant claim, please come to say hi:) [br]@the scientist, can you see or feel the multidimension in the String Theory? There is no evidence of it yet, so it's the same as the existence of ghost.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Let´s go here!!

[....] In every city there are local tales of unexplained circumstances and “haunted houses”. Beijing, being such a large city still covered by much ancient architecture has inevitably gained its own reputation for being home to many haunted houses and accompanying ghost stories. Chaonei Dajie No.81 building is one of the most famous haunted places in Beijing. On the bustling strip of Chaoyangmen Neidajie; No.81 is a rundown multi-leveled building with an ominous appearance. This particular western structure looks quite obtrusive and unique among the flourishing Chinese architectures that surround it.

It was built in the Colonial Period around 1900 and was supposed to be a church presented as a gift to the British colonists. Due to on-going wars and the collapse of the Qing dynasty it was shutdown. Inside the building was a strange tunnel which travelled from the crypt, underground all the way to Tuan Jiehu Lake, which was destroyed due to the construction of Beijing’s line 2 subway. During the Republic of China period, a high-ranking National Party official took up residence in this building. At the time that the Communist party began taking power, the official abandoned his family and took refuge in Taiwan.

One of his concubines couldn’t stand the heartache of losing the official from her life and as a tragic result she hung herself in that very building. Since this day, weird and abnormal things keep occurring; apparently people can still hear someone crying during storms or nights that coincided with a full moon. In the 1980s, for some unknown reason, the government added an additional floor on the top of No.81. Logic tells us that top floors cannot simply be added to ordinary buildings unless they have sufficient supporting foundations beneath the ground. Rumors have it that this decrepit building still holds something significant and suspect beneath the ground on which it stands. The Chinese government attempted to pull this building down but extraordinarily, the entire project was halted due to the mysterious disappearances of several construction workers. Following these events, No.81 has gained an infamous reputation and completely plagued.

Lately No. 81 has become one of the most popular mysterious targets for a group of young people named Urban Exploration. The famous TV show 永不瞑目/ Under a False Name was also shot here as the scary atmosphere suits perfectly with the storyline. People on our forum are fansinated by this building and other ghost stories of Beijing, see their posts here and here.

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

Ghost is not supposed to have corporal body, so I think it has no problem to be on the train.@Tara[br]

Forbidden City is said to be the most haunted place in China. But there is no way to stay overnight there for tourists. Maybe I should go to Chaonei Dajie No.81, I'm in a bad temper today, It would be fun to scare a ghost into tears.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.