Discussion » Nonsense » How many people would support a true Poutinerie in

• Rufus
    Rufus wrote:

bad as they say it is?

What is a poutinerie you may be asking? A place that sells poutine. What is poutine? Poutine is a French-Canadian dish of French fries and fresh cheese curds, covered with brown gravy or sauce. Sometimes additional ingredients are added.

"This doesn't sound healthy..." You're right, it's absolutely not, but isn't being satisfied and happy in the moment, also important for our long-term health anyways?

There's nothing better after a late night of drinking until 4 AM, than a big box of poutine following the bars.

You might be thinking that it looks gross. Well food in pictures usually looks gross, especially a jumbo, blown up picture of fries, cheese, and gravy. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

I've heard that the majority of Chinese people do not eat cheese, although I have learned a Chinese man became a Fromagier after falling in love with cheese when he studied Culinary Arts in France. Now he is running a very successful store in Beijing called Le Fromager de Pekin. Could I depend on enough locals to buy a food that is made with cheese, as I expect the expats will love it and will bring them back home momentarily. I do remember Kro's Nest Pizza had a lot of Chinese locals when I was there.

What do you guys think?

(Yes, I am aware I posted this in Nonsense, because it is clearly the forum where the party's at).

alt text

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Ding.

Martian! Where the fuck you at? This is your cheesemonger.

• Simen Wangberg

This sounds awesome and I hope you follow through with it. Most Chinese can't tell good cheese from bad, but they do eat it. I don't go to The Box much anymore cos their service is abysmal, but damn they have that poutine and it is delicious.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Standing on a corner, I stretch my arms out opening my duster

I want all of the things, inside me, now.

The Village

That'd be convenient for me since I live in the area, but something tells me this might not be the best location. Can't say why.

• Simen Wangberg

I have no idea about Wondermilk - is that a Chinese company?

The Village doesn't sound like a bad place to set up shop, if you can afford the floor space. I imagine the rental prices must be pretty crazy. But yes, lots of foot traffic.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.