Discussion » Beijing Life » the environment

• elena
    elena wrote:
    <p>i'll be a sophomore after the approaching summer vacation,unfortunately,i've not adjusted myself into the beijing life,cause there are so many differences between beijing and my hometown,i visited places of interest here ,such the summer palace,the great wall......etc.in addition ,i have trouble getting along with the native classmates,it's my own problem,but i really really get accustomed to the environment ASAP,who can help me ?</p>
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

You won't get accustomed to it, believe me. I've been in Beijing for more than 3 years, my nose itches and bleeds almost every spring and autumn. I sneezes a lot when the AC on... Just find some way to alleviate your discomfort, like use more moisture skin care product, focus on things important or interesting for you to divert your attention etc.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Leave Beijing. I'm never coming back here if I have a realistic choice. The air is going to start killing people.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Shash, if I can get a job at two-thirds the salary of Beijing anywhere else, I'll take it. Money can't buy health.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... the term "liveable" can be considered from a few angles ...

(1) - money - the cost of living is relatively low to most "mainstream" cities in SEA, but then you can also choose the expensive lifestyle if you can afford it ...

(2) - air and general hygiene - we all know it, some of you are just lucky enough to have not noticed it ...

Leave Beijing. I'm never coming back here if I have a realistic choice. The air is going to start killing people.

Working on it ... not just the air ...

I wonder how many of us have realistic choices?

Shasha. I tend to believe that we ALL have choices, but sometimes we wont see it until it is too late ... and in those cases that we do see our choices,"realistic" might not necessary be rational ... I suggest mixing rational and other non-rational reasons :)

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

That's beautiful irising

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.