Discussion » Nonsense » Remembering names

• friend
    friend wrote:
    <p>i have always find it very difficult to remember chinese names. whether these may be names of people, roads, cities and everything. could you please suggest some ways to remember these?</p>
  • Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

learn chinese

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... the most difficult is not the "remembering", but the "popularity" of names, e.g. I have two 张静 and also two 张洁 just on my phone, and without an English name (or some other way to tell the difference of names), it is often quite difficult ...

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

haha DD, i know 5 "zhang jing"s.

• Sonja Lund
    Sonja Lund wrote:

A easy way to remember chinese name. 1)call him/her by family name,if someone's family name is lee. If lee is between 20 to 40 yrs old,you can call him "xiao lee" If lee is over 50,call him "lao lee",if you want to show ur respect for him,call him"lee lao". Any one under 10yrs old,you can call him"xiao peng you" 2)by their occupation If he is a teacer,call him"li lao shi" if he is a professsor,call him"lee jiao shou" A docort,"lee yi sheng" A lawyer"lee lv shi" 3)how to address someone you dont know Call him"da ge" if he looks older than you, call her"da jie" Call him"da ye" if he is over 60,call her"da ma",if you really hate someone,call him"ni da ye de" or"ni ma de".lol

If you have to remember their full name,Alex is right,learn chinese.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... plus or minus ... and that's not even distinguishing the genders ... I still cannot comprehend why some guys are given feminine name, like 蕾, while some girls are given muscular ones like 男 ... when I get back to office tomorrow, and if I am not too busy, I will try to count the number of people with the same names ... our IT has built a very useful "search" feature for that ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.