Discussion » Nonsense » 100 days crack down in beijing for foreigners

• Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:
    <p><strong><em>*hey ,what is this we are hearing about 100 days crack down for foreigners by the chinese authorities? i read on some sites that its cos of that British guy who tried to rape a chinese girl last week.so things are not hard enough for foreigners in bj now he went out to make us friends with the police as well? damn that bastard British.yea,i know it was done to get those working n living illegally in bj but that doesn't stop the authorities on bothering those of us who are actually legal n doing what our visa says we are here for.they should have just taken the guys head n be done with it</strong> *</em></p>
  • №❶ Passioη

The 2007 crackdown on foreigners was NOT caused by a Briton...

"Crackdown on foreigners" has always been a diversion from the real social problem of this country...

Just photocopy all your papers (Passport Page, Visa and Resident Permit) and take them wherever you go.. you're not likely to have problems if you don't often go clubbing...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I am more curious about what did Ryan mean by "pro" ...

Like I was telling someone when I was in HK on weekend, the "no smoking ban" only lasted about 100 days (or 3 months) prior 8 August 2008, so, if the Chinese government is ever good at anything, it is their showmanship and their lack of consistency ... dont worry ...

• Simen Wangberg

"what's your rationale for that Ryan? Curious"

Most cops don't speak English. If you demonstrate that you can't (or won't) speak Chinese, cops are less likely to continue hassling you, since they'll have to fetch someone who can translate to get anything done. At least, I think that's the rationale.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... hahahaha ... and people said that I am often over-dramatic ... you guys take the cake, and you can eat it too :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

British man with valid visa sexually assaults Chinese woman

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Gubbermint responds with 100-day campaign to root out all the Nigerians overstaying their visas

Sorry, OP. I know you. You're cool. I'm not trying to make fun of you. This was what me, two other white guys, and an Anglophone Sri Lankan concluded at lunch yesterday when we heard the news that they were stepping up patrols in Sanlitun.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Calvin,

I've had more than a couple of "odeals with Nigerians," which, if I understand you correctly, is some sort of slang of Irish derivation, meaning a liason involving the exchange of certain kinds of products and services. Sometimes these o'deals go well and everyone walks away happy. Some times I end up in a nightclub and--tragically--not in the proper mode of consciousness to tolerate whatever shitty music is playing, and gnawing on my own tongue and wondering if you were cursing at me in Yoruba or Igbo.

I just thought I'd acknowledge that vows to increase patrols of Sanlitun are usually euphemistic for a certain kind of racial profiling.

raises fist of solidarity

• №❶ Passioη

2012-05-08. White British Man Rapes Chinese Girl..

2012-05-13. White British Man Is Charged with "Sexually Assaulting Chinese Girl"

2012-05-15. BMPSB launches a 100-Day Crackdown on illegal foreigners.

2012-05-16. Beijing police arrive the streets of SanLiTun, DongZhiMen, WuDaoKou, WangJing, ChaoYangMen, etc

2012-05-16. Two (2) White men are apprehended by police at WangJing for invalid documents / overstay. It is not clear what nationality they are

2012-05-16. Dando Z comes to the WLIB forums to create a comedy about Nigerians

It's been an interesting week I must say :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Today, we are all Nigerians.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

First they came for the Nigerians, and I didn't speak up, because I had to leave during the Olympics too.

Then they came for the French, and made some sort of mess outside of Carrefour and I just shrugged 'cuz they're French and who cares.

Then they came for the Koreans, and I didn't speak up, because Confucius.

Then they came for the Americans and there was no one left to speak for me. Because their English sucks! BTW I'm free on weekends if anyone wants to pay me huge sums of money to render the lies in their college admissions paperwork slightly more believable.

• №❶ Passioη

Objection My Lord... Today, we're all British Rapists

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

As a matter of fact, the OP has made a valid point. If anyone is familiar with the policy-making of Chinese authority, it is not difficult to tell that the crackdown is definitely triggered by this incident, which also initiates a wider range of controversy - jurisdiction on foreign-related offenses, police bureaucracy and negligence or even historical grudge and national pride, etc

I insist that the dissemination of the video online is very inappropriate and even more harmful to the victim. Usually I don't tend to argue with crazy people, but for the questions someone asked above, briefly, I am obliged to clarify:

1. Yes, there are plenty of evidences to prove that the British bold egg has committed an attempt rape (from what I have seen though, it was already a committed rape), victim's witness, video tape, witnesses statements and forensic examination. An attempted rape is also a rape in the framework of civil law system. Plus, according to China's criminal law, such offense is classified as crime of most serious gravity when conducted in public, which may result in life-time imprisonment (mind you, in China, it goes with labour reform). As the crime took place in Beijing, the victim is a Chinese, legally, China's intermediary People's Court has the full jurisdiction to boil this British bold egg whatever the way they want it.

2. the UK TV tells you what you need to know, like anywhere else. If it was the Consulate Protection Service you were talking about, I can assure you that diplomatically, this black sheep is forgotten. I am also curious, did the British Government advertise you about that posting random stupid comments online will also be charged in China?

3. The guys who helped out will not be charged - Literally official response from the Beijing Police, not guilty, no charge, crystal clear. Theoretically please refer to the Chapter of "self defense for the protection of others" in Criminal Law Textbook.

With due respects, even if some people have no concepts about compassion, orders, respects or courtesy, I must say if you are trying to defend the British boiled bold egg as an intellectual, your logically-ill defense statement will earn you no even a single penny, I would probably THINK abut paying you a penny if you argued from the "sexually frustrated guy who was buggered constantly during childhood in Britain which turned him into a desperate anti-social psychopath and rapist" angle. And if you are a woman, shame on you!

Whatever you stand for, practically, it will be more difficult for foreigners to stay or work in Beijing around this time. Once you get involved with the Police, it is hard to hire a lawyer to protect your rights like in a civilized country, and even if you can afford the best lawyer, there is nothing much he can do about it. The optimistic side is, if you don't want to leave the country, the Police rarely have the budget for deportation, the pessimistic side is, Chinese Police can be very bureaucratic, corrupted and violent, which may result in a foreign guy being held in custody, got squeezed clean, beaten up and used as rent boy or something - hypothetically.

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

Metaphor, the rapist' head looks like a boiled egg, and he was bold indeed. :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Passion,

That was an obvious set up for:

Today, we're all English-speaking participants in rape culture.

Talk about casting pearls before swine, @Persephone--if you would have posted part of that in the first few threads where people actually were questioning whether or not it was an "actual" rape, you might have inspired some epic eggache.

You seem to be in the wrong thread, but I'll bite.

I insist that the dissemination of the video online is very inappropriate and even more harmful to the victim.

nod

They should at least have put a mosaic over her face. I think the filmmaker was capitalizing on her emotional reaction.

I would probably THINK abut paying you a penny if you argued from the "sexually frustrated guy who was buggered constantly during childhood in Britain which turned him into a desperate anti-social psychopath and rapist" angle

I tried my leftest to sympathize with him as a minority and maybe even a repressed Muzzie in another thread, but that goes nowhere. Don't even think of saying Pakistan. They don't let their women have sex with anyone over there.

Plus, according to China's criminal law, such offense is classified as crime of most serious gravity when conducted in public, which may result in life-time imprisonment (mind you, in China, it goes with labour reform).

However reprehensible rape is--and I consider it to be comparable to attempted homicide as it is a kind of violence that results in permanent psychological if not physical mutilation--I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say rape in public really ought to be considered the least serious form of rape in civil society, as it is the easiest to prosecute.

That is, unless the lynch mobs arrive sooner than the police.

Far more insidious (and frequent) is rape perpetrated by friends, family, and personal acquaintances, because they can leverage their social relationship against the victim to prevent her from reporting the rape to the authorities.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Rapes Dando Now was that so insidious? BTW, while I may be semi-illiterate, I think Dandy's initial comment in regard to Nigerians was supposed to illustrate the irrational racist policies of the gubbermint, rather than to say anything about Nigerians. The second one was just racist :-p Personally I've only had bad dealings with French and Chinese people.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Martian, you are sounding girly ...

alt text

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Thanks @Minger. It's a pleasure to stand with you back-to-back as my straight man and an honor to stand with you front-to-back as my virtual rapist, but that could really only qualify as rape if you borrowed someone else's dick.

@Mirin,

I tried my leftest to sympathize with him as a minority and maybe even a repressed Muzzie in another thread, but that goes nowhere.

Emphasis added. It was intended as a hypothetical explanation for his actions and not at all a justification, brah. And as far as I'm concerned, his ethnicity is at least as relevant as his nationality, if not even more so. But then I left that path of digression. Thanks for dusting it off for me. I guess now I'll go for a stroll in this bizarre rapist sympathizer fairytale land:

Do you even know what a repressed Muzzie is?

I know plenty about repressed members of other Abrahamic religions and non-repressed Muzzies that I can attempt to sketch a rough composite.

I ask, because this guy is clearly not one.

Clearly? The only thing that's especially clear to me from looking at his skin color and facial structure is that he is ethnically non-Angloid; I don't know a goddamn thing about his specific cultural background. But such were the cheap points that some elements of the expat echo chamber attempted to score when they ripped a page out of the Han chauvinist playbook and collectively disowned his Britishness, suggested he was an immigrant or son of immigrants who had not fully integrated into British society.

If anything that guy was an abusive alcoholic.

That presumes a pattern of behavior. You must know something about his personality that I and others do not.

But consider this: Expats and tourists, by virtue of being very far away from family members, clergy, and other authority figures, are predisposed to deviation from their own cultural norms, not to mention those of the host community. If this guy's elders did not let him drink alcohol or fraternize with women freely, then it should be no surprise that given the chance he would seek to exploit his access to both in the most obscene manner possible.

We see this sort of thing all the time with American undergraduate students in Wudaokou, who tend to binge drink to a degree unthinkable in their home country and taking advantage of the fact that they needn't be 21 to purchase alcohol here, and the police tend to leave them alone. They probably would not behave the same way in a different sociolegal environment.

I consider it a remarkably safe conjecture to suggest he might have acted differently in a different sociolegal context. And yet I've stopped far short of actually defending the shithead.

Racial/Religious prejudice in an argument is always full of fail.

FTFY, and it's still not quite as fail as sociobiological explanations for deviant behavior when sociocultural explanations are more elegant.

tl;dr l2verstehen

• Stina Rytter Norheim

if it were a black guy who raped a chinese girl in beijing,men that would have been WW3 live.all blacks would have been probably told to leave beijing but lets be realistic i dont think no matter how crazy a black guy might get or how drunk he would never be stupid enough to actually rape or attempt raping a girl in public.well i guess this world just keeps getting crazier n crazier

• №❶ Passioη

@ Martian -

You must be the return of Astaroth.. Join my green race if you're really tired of what you are ;

@ Salmon -

If every other country did so against Chinese, China's population would be 2 billion where it rightly belongs

@ Mr. Madagascar, Mr. Jamaica and Mr. Nigeria - You're apparently over-reacting.. that offender could have been any other drunkard with an unregistered straight dick (including chinese). But...

A black man would NOT commit any crime that don't make em richer

Totally Agree

• Harry Olu
    Harry Olu wrote:

@ Dando Z... To hell with you for been Racist... You suck .

• Harry Olu
    Harry Olu wrote:

@Bedtyger..... Osheeey .. Na so oo ..the guy called Dando Z na fucking idiot and to hell with him .... I be confirm 9ja and na my baba born me ... To hell with you Dando Z。。。 na GOD go punish ur baba..Dando Z. ya suck.

• Harry Olu
    Harry Olu wrote:

LOL

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

@ Steve Mensah , If it were a black guy he would have been Thai.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Food yea

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

We would have been the aftermath

link text

Yes joking, hypothetically speaking. hehe

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

No, hehe , they were excavating.

• Simen Wangberg

"till then ladies those skimpy clothes are way too high!"

True. Every time I see a mini-skirt, I can think of nothing but RAEP RAEP RAEP RAEP RAEP RAEP

You are a terrible awful person.

• Simen Wangberg

Fuck yes. Time to bring the kilt out of retirement.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I like skirts! They are comfy and easy to wear!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.