Discussion » Nonsense » "Now" is going to be a time you can't go

• Tara ❀ 樱鬼
    Tara ❀ 樱鬼 wrote:
    <p>你所浪费的今天,是昨天死去的人到不了的明天。你所厌恶的现在,是未来的你回不去的曾经。</p> <p>Today that you are wasting is the "tomorrow" that those who died yesterday were longing for. The moment you hate right now will become the "past" that the future you cannot come back to.</p> <p>This one has been spread on Weibo for quite a while, and I really like it. Looking for a beaufitul translation... anyone got a better idea please help me to rephrase it. Thanks.</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... I think I had read this from the mobile phone news yesterday? And of course I have no idea what it meant ...

the most short language in earth

Hahahahaha ... not really, we just allow it to be shortened or abbreviated ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Terrorist, if I was a zombie with an unfathomable hunger for human brains, I certainly wouldn't have come to this thread looking for a meal.

BTW, it is the very prospect of traveling at the speed of light that is itself theoretically absurd. But don't let that prevent you from waxing pedantic about time travel.

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Short answer Tara, it doesnt translate very well...its always going to be a bit clunky...

but here's my shot:

"The time you waste today is the unattainable tomorrow of yesterdays dead. The moment you hate now is the past of a future you can't return to."

Here is another one, not the same but hinting at the same kind of idea...:

"In only 48 hours, tomorrow will be yesterday"

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... hello Lee, heehee ...

• Alex ^∞
    Alex ^∞ wrote:

Tara, I think thats the "secret" known to all that speak a second language fluently (not me...lol) - you have to THINK in that language to make what you're about to say work right. I believe coherent thought / philosophy to be dependent on the presence of a language, so this makes sense, somewhat.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Pteradactyl

that's why i said it was something the Theory of Relativity is trying to say

But that's wrong.

And my point was that you can't presuppose a theoretically impossible condition while attempting to prove the theoretical impossibility of some other shit like time travel.

The Theory of Relativity isn't trying to say anything, unless you took the brown acid from the hippies and talking to your physics textbook. What it actually says is that as an object with mass approaches the speed of light, its mass increases (impossibru!). But "massless" particles (light-carrying photons and theoretical gravitons) are always observed to be moving at the speed of light no matter the velocity of the observer.

Moreover, the phenomenon you attempted to conflate with time travel was in fact time dilation.

Time travel is not even just theoretically possible. I actually did it once during an autoerotic asphyxiation session gone wonderously awry. And I read in a book it happens to people in car crashes. And spontaneous combustion.

Just a little something for your FYI.

Dare to reach the edge of imagination - if you don't even dare to think, how can anything ever be achieved?

On second thought, try the brown acid.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Yorkshire Terrier

Took you a while to study it, yea?

It took me a few minutes to double-check and make sure I wasn't inferring something completely unrelated out of thin air. That's a courtesy you don't seem to bother extending to other readers, much like you cannot even do me the fundamental courtesy of leaving my words intact. To wit:

And my point was that you can't presuppose a theoretically impossible condition while attempting to prove the theoretical impossibility of some other shit like time travel.

Emphasis added to omitted phrase.

Do you even know what "theory" means?

I do.

In physics, economics, or even mathematics...

The word theory is used very differently across these three disciplines.

...the deductions are always based on certain assumed conditons.

Your assumed condition--traveling at the speed of light--was itself theoretically impossible. It would be like saying time travel is not theoretically possible because your perpetual motion machine will cease functioning in zero-gravity conditions. Perpetual motion is itself impossible.

implying light speed travel is an "ideal condition," especially in relativistic physics

:|

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Oh now you're talking about courtesy!!

I think I was talking about physics.

I didn't realise that you know what that means!

ITT shit OP didn't realize

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Your wasted today is the longed-for tomorrow of yesterday's dead, as your hated present becomes the regretted past of your future self.

I went for style over fidelity.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... so ... before all these regrets, dead people, hatred, future, have all gone to waste ... oh, I forgot what I was going to say next now ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... you mean the jelly babies I have brought from Oz? Actually, I have just run out, but I have already asked my sister to get a few packs, and I will pick them up when I meet her this weekend ...

Now, let's get a circle and chant, and you can dance naked for us, no, I mean, dance to praise your god ... ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... that sounds like a ticket upgrade ... I do hope that they mistakenly filled up the economy class on Friday, and then I would get pumped to Business of an A380 ... heehee ...

As a matter of fact ... I am on the borderline of Atheist ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.